The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 3 ßeta-2

Bébèrt

LR3-ß2 also has:

-Camera Parity with LR 2.6 along with preliminary support for new cameras
-Tethered shooting for Nikon and Canon Cameras
-Luminance Noise reduction added
-Improved Import, including Video handling, Loupe from cards, and dockable folders
-Improved Watermarking
-Point Curve now available
-Improved visibility of Process Version, including year naming (2003 and 2010)
-Crop rotation via shortcut, increased Print resolution, local lens blur

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
A few disappointments. Still no print preview - one of the most asked for features on the LR forums. You have to open the file in PS and print from PS if you want this feature. It doesn't handle purple and red fringing. C1 does.

It doesn't handle purple and red fringing. C1 does.
This is the first version of Lightroom that actually interests me and is starting to get close to C1 image quality, but the fringing is out of control. I hope they can rein that in on the final version.

Also, while 3b1 was a very early beta, I'm actually having more "beta" issues with .

roanjoh

A few disappointments. Still no print preview - one of the most asked for features on the LR forums. You have to open the file in PS and print from PS if you want this feature. It doesn't handle purple and red fringing. C1 does.

So I guess Aperture still has the upper hand on the fringing arena.

Lloyd

So I guess Aperture still has the upper hand on the fringing arena.
I've been impressed... well, as impressed as I can be after using it for a couple of days. The Luminance noise reduction works really well. And, I actually did get pretty good results removing purple fringing. :eek: I'd suggest downloading the Beta 2 and trying it.

(I shot tethered with my Nikon, and was very pleased with how well it worked.)

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
The 24 Lux on the M9 can produce monster purple fringes. LR Beta 2 doesn't dent it; C1 knocks it out completely. On my copy of Beta 2 turning "defringe" on does nothing that I can see - maybe it will do more in the final release.

I've been impressed... well, as impressed as I can be after using it for a couple of days. The Luminance noise reduction works really well. And, I actually did get pretty good results removing purple fringing. :eek: I'd suggest downloading the Beta 2 and trying it.

(I shot tethered with my Nikon, and was very pleased with how well it worked.)