The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1 image thread

Paratom

Just got back from 2 weeks vacation in Sweden. Here some x1 shots:
The x1 complemented my M9 in a nice way.

on the beach:

and later:

3200 ISO same night:

another place:

and another evening:

m_driscoll

The green lane is something of a pre-occupation of mine:

I also like ponds
This damned puppy likes our bed!

:)
Jono: Very nice. Beautiful compositions and color. :thumbup: I like that you re-visit the lane in different seasons and with different gear. Where my wife works there's a photo collection with a print of W. Eugene Smithss "Walk to Paradise Garden". Photos like your first one, always remind me of it. The puppy's growing up. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Just got back from 2 weeks vacation in Sweden. Here some x1 shots:
The x1 complemented my M9 in a nice way.
on the beach:

and later:
3200 ISO same night:
another place:
and another evening:
Some most beautiful shots I've seen out of this camera!
Been a while since I posted any pics from the X1. Time for an update:

My first X1 images, all processed in C1 (which seems to give slightly unnatural greens). The IQ is outstanding for a compact camera!

T. Streng/Ashwin/Bill: Beautiful work! You all make it hard not to get an X1. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Out of curiosity, how are you all shooting with the X1: program. aperture...? Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Paratom

T. Streng/Ashwin/Bill: Beautiful work! You all make it hard not to get an X1. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Out of curiosity, how are you all shooting with the X1: program. aperture...? Cheers, Matt.
Thank you.
I shoot the x1 80% with selecting aparture and auto-exp, with matrix metering and exp comp -0,3. I use a lot the 2.8-5.6 range.
If I shoot portrait in contrasty light I sometimes switch to spot metering and meter on the face.
And I quite often add a little fill flash too.
Other than that 99% AF-sometimes spot AF when shooting wide open in order to get the focus exactly on the eyes for example.

The camera is slow and I dont find it worlds better IQ than m4/3 but I really really like the size/light weight/quiet shutter and the simple user interface a lot.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks, Matt. I use the X1 primarily in Av and generally at f5.6 to f8 which is where the test reports tell me the lens is at its very best - especially for the close-ups where I need dof. I use the auxiliary viewfinder because I can hold the camera much more steadily against my cheek/eye.

Otherwise - exactly what T Streng says!

Bill

rmueller

Experimenting with the X1 View Finder, works quite nice IMO

Here: ISO 100, 1/8 sec, f16, pan shot

Best Regards,
Ralf

kdemas

Here are a few from my recently departed X1. Loved the camera but with my M8 and lots of micro 4/3 goodies I just wasn't using it enough right now. I might buy one again in a few months however, love the IQ.