The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Using the M8 the traditional way

S

Shootist

Thanks Hank. Though to confess, I only understood about a quarter of that. Looks like I've got LOTS to learn.
Maggie don't feel bad. I've read at least 4 books on photoshop and taken 2 classes on it and I'm still learning, actually I feel like a PS dunce.
It's something that if you don't use it all the time you forget. You start something and say to yourself "Just how did I do that last time"????

Terry

Workshop Maggie. LOL
Actually Guy,
A workshop that has a focus for these sort of enhancements would be great. I'm not necessarily talking about learning how to make a mask but more understanding what Hank said about darkening the foreground to draw you in.

A better understanding of what to think about doing to an image. There are times when you know an image needs that little (or sometimes a lot) of something but you don't really know what is lacking and where is the best place to start.

terry

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:) That is exactly what you will learn in Moab . I have a whole series on composition and techniques like this. Plus what Jack has on all the really cool stuff. Trust me your head will be spinning , we go through a ton of instruction. Raw processing, Photoshop , composition, histograms, Lightroom library and all sorts of really useful stuff. You will learn about selections and using special techniques on burning and dodging.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
:) That is exactly what you will learn in Moab . I have a whole series on composition and techniques like this. Plus what Jack has on all the really cool stuff. Trust me your head will be spinning , we go through a ton of instruction. Raw processing, Photoshop , composition, histograms, Lightroom library and all sorts of really useful stuff. You will learn about selections and using special techniques on burning and dodging.
I can't turn around to do something else and things start happening over here!:ROTFL: i'm amazed what could be done to that photograph and glad it was deemed good enough. A pity these workshops are half the world away...:(

Guy Mancuso

Actually Guy,
A workshop that has a focus for these sort of enhancements would be great. I'm not necessarily talking about learning how to make a mask but more understanding what Hank said about darkening the foreground to draw you in.

A better understanding of what to think about doing to an image. There are times when you know an image needs that little (or sometimes a lot) of something but you don't really know what is lacking and where is the best place to start.

terry
Terry but even with these nice PS techniques and such the best way to draw people in is in composition and light and that is huge . The section on composition is really quite interesting

PeterA

forget France and Ialy - do on down here in Australia - that way it is easier for me to join a class! look up Kakadu for example...

Terry

forget France and Ialy - do on down here in Australia - that way it is easier for me to join a class! look up Kakadu for example...
While Italy and France would be nice, what a great excuse to finally get to Australia!

terry

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of OZ, I was actually thinking maybe do a New Zealand trip next November. I have a friend who has a lodge on South Island down by Duneden :D Peter, that's a doable air hop for you isn't it?

Terry: Just to piggy-back on what Guy said, we are for sure going to cover lots of image enhancement techniques with Photoshop in Moab! The first morning is to get everybody up to speed on raw with LR or ACR and even a little look at C1. The folks that were in Yosemite already got that and learned some basic local image adjustment techniques. I'll cover those again along with some new techniques, but am happy to have an added evening session for anybody that wants to get more of that type instruction. Short version, is there will not be enough time to do everything, but we will cram a bunch into the time we do have! LOLOLOL!

woodyspedden

Actually Guy,

terry
After working with Jack at the Yosemite workshop I asked (Nay begged) him to put together a workshop for Photoshop for practical photographers. Get out of the "all the things that can be done in Photoshop" approach and toward what the practical photographer needs to know to use Photoshop to process great images. This would be killer and if done i already want to be the first to subscribe. C'mon Jack

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If you guys do France or Italy, I am in. Are you talking Provence and Toscana, or what is the deal?
Hi Carsten:

Actually, I have a 10-day Provence workshop all planned out, complete with lodging and transportation. It would feature guest instructor Lucien Clergue and include a day of shooting wild horses on the beaches of the Cremargue along with figure models; a second figure model shoot in the limestone cliffs of Les Beaux; custom private tours of the Van Gough museum and historic churches of Arles; Arles, Nimes and Avignon market and street modules; front row seating at the bullfights in Nimes (for any who wanted to participate), and a host of other day trip locations, like up in the Luberon valley. In addition, we'd have at least two or three gourmet dinners at top-rated restaurants in the area. The biggest problem is the value of the dollar is so low right now, we in the States can't do it affordably...

I also have a 10-day trip sketched out for Tuscany and the coastal area of Liguria. I don't have the particulars finalized as I'm again waiting on the dollar to resurge a bit. I'm hoping these two trips could be done more economically by spring or fall of 2009, at least that's my hope. If not, we may do them anyway and they'll just be expensive :rolleyes:

Cheers,

carstenw

Lucien Clergue! I just saw an exhibition of his in the Kunstmuseum Wien, and loved it! A very unique eye. I also got a reproduction of one of his photos in fotoMagazin this month. What a coincidence. How much would such a course cost? I need to start saving and talking the girlfriend into it, perhaps together. She also enjoys photography very much, although at a different level.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Or do a sideprogram for partners; my wife is not into photography at all; she could be though with an excellent eye and often points shots out to me.

Guy Mancuso

Actually the non shooting spouses we would have tours, shopping and a bus just for them to do there thing while we are busy shooting and such.