The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Last but not least, Elmar 135mm

otumay

Hi everyone,

The M forum contains so many excellent shots that I needed some courage to post a few of mine. I recently posted two threads in the Nikon forum, concerning two trips with 200-400 and 200mm Nikkors, handheld. This last episode of this series is this. Comments and criticism most welcome.

Best,

Osman

Simits, the famous pretzels of Istanbul

Boiled and grilled corns

Pigeons atop Yenicami (New Mosque)

Hopefully waiting

Knorp

A fine series, Osman.
I found that 135 lenses do very well on short(er) distances like 1,5~5,0 mtr or at infinity (obviously). Anything in between is just hit or miss IME, even with a magnifier.
I like very much the corn and mosque pictures here and it looks like the Elmar is a lovely lens.

Kind regards.

otumay

Bart, Steve and Lloyd, thank you very much. Bart you're just right on the optimum shooting distance of this lens.
Seascape, wonderful shot and processing.
Best,
Osman

m_driscoll

Osman: Very nice. I especially like the corn and the fisherman. The Mosque is very interesting. Did you soften the focus on it in pp? Or, maybe it's just my tired eyes. I very much like the light and shadow on the forms in that one. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Thank you Matt. I used Color EfexPro for that mosque shot. Domes fascinate me.
Best,
Osman