The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two bottles of Vintage Port from 1815 (M9 + Cron 28/2 asph)

J

Jose_Salcedo

Eat your hearts out... :)

1/45s @f3.4, ISO 2500, handheld.
Estimated current price for each bottle, about 5x the price of a 50/0.95.

bradhusick

Jose,
What quinta are these from? Unfortunately, I don't think port from 1815 will actually be any good. It's not like Madeira.

Nice shot.

J

Jose_Salcedo

I'll have a case :ROTFL:
Lovely shot though - I hope they gave you a taste :)
Thanks, Jono. I live in Porto, and so going to the Port wine cellars is a short stroll for me... :) they make wonderful photographic themes, you must come here sometime. It´s a theme that I plan to explore appropriately, now that my 50/0.95 is on its way (you always set the most dangerous examples!).

J

Jose_Salcedo

Jose,
What quinta are these from? Unfortunately, I don't think port from 1815 will actually be any good. It's not like Madeira.
Nice shot.
Brad, these bottles are from "Ferreira", one of the best Port wine brands. I never tried this wine, of course, but I did try 100 years old vintage Port and it was superb, absolutely superb.

Maybe we can organize a Leica Forum meeting in porto, and I will supply - or find ways to supply - the Port?... :)

bradhusick

Jose, that sounds wonderful. I have been to Porto and the Duoro twice for a week each time and learned a great deal from my gracious hosts. I too have been lucky enough to enjoy port from 1900 and it was heaven. I'll try post a link to some of my photos. The cellar at Niepoort is something to behold!

J

Jose_Salcedo

Jose, that sounds wonderful. I have been to Porto and the Duoro twice for a week each time and learned a great deal from my gracious hosts. I too have been lucky enough to enjoy port from 1900 and it was heaven. I'll try post a link to some of my photos. The cellar at Niepoort is something to behold!
Yes Brad, absolutely! By the way, if you consider a future trip to Porto, please let me know and I would be delighted to meet you or any other Leica forum members. And if you guys really behave... I may even get you a tour of the nearby Leica factory... :)

jonoslack

Thanks, Jono. I live in Porto, and so going to the Port wine cellars is a short stroll for me... :) they make wonderful photographic themes, you must come here sometime. It´s a theme that I plan to explore appropriately, now that my 50/0.95 is on its way (you always set the most dangerous examples!).
I'd love to go to Porto - I think that Jerez is about as close as I've been.
As for setting an example with the 50/0.95, I'd love to, but there are some things which might be a step to far (and that's one of them!).

J

Jose_Salcedo

I'd love to go to Porto - I think that Jerez is about as close as I've been.
As for setting an example with the 50/0.95, I'd love to, but there are some things which might be a step to far (and that's one of them!).
Thanks, Jono. By the way, I absolutely fell in love with your M9 book. Sincere congratulations on an exceptional book with exceptional photographs that never cease to inspire me. Thanks.

Lazzaros

I worked for Ferreira Wines in Lisbon during a couple of months and I sold many Port bottles but none of these. Hehe.

I'd prefer the 50/0.95 instead of the wine as I don't like it. (I think you'd say that this is a sin...) :D

J

Jose_Salcedo

I worked for Ferreira Wines in Lisbon during a couple of months and I sold many Port bottles but none of these. Hehe.

I'd prefer the 50/0.95 instead of the wine as I don't like it. (I think you'd say that this is a sin...) :D
I would never say that, Lazzaros... :) and I would prefer the lens too, by the way!

jonoslack

Thanks, Jono. By the way, I absolutely fell in love with your M9 book. Sincere congratulations on an exceptional book with exceptional photographs that never cease to inspire me. Thanks.
Thank you Jose, I'm most flattered. As for the port, a whole bottle would generate a terrible headache, so I'd settle for half a bottle, a noctilux and a 35mm lux into the bargain!

W

wilsonlaidlaw

Jose,

Nice shot.
Brad,

You are confusing drinking port with buying and selling port (bragging rights included).

Wilson