The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1 for HDR Photos

ecsh

Most people it seems hate HDR's. I, on the other hand, enjoy looking at them. Even though some seem surreal, they are very good.

dannh

Interesting and artsy. These somewhat remind of the stuff from Dave Hill. What application do you use to create your HDR's?

57guy

I use photomatix Pro. I still have some work to do on the Photos I posted above. I have a new Macbook Pro and don't have Photoshop installed on it yet. Some HDR photos need to be moved into CS4 for minor touchup.
As for people that don't like the "Grungy" look, you can process HDR's to look natural.

I don't care what kind of Camera a person uses, there are some shots you cannot take without using HDR. The human eye has 19 f stops and most good digital cameras around 7 stops. Most interior rooms during the daytime with a window have a range of 10-12 f stops. If you try to take a picture with one exposure, you have to decide, what part you want washed out. Not with HDR.

I love it HDR
Glenn