The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DIYing the M8 with Griptac

D

Digital Dude

Interesting, I was considering something very similar: Dark brown lizard with black Griptac Leica grip. Those who feel that its just a tool are likely driving around in an AMC Pacer or a 79’ Ford Pinto.
Regards,:D

Last edited:
D

Digital Dude

Well, today I received my Leica grip back from Morgan’s shop. First off, the craftsmanship is top notch! Like’ several other customers, I believe the Griptac unequivocally enhances the security and feel of the M8. The material is actually less industrial looking’ than in photos I’ve seen posted. This may be especially true on the silver model. I didn’t want to commit the entire camera although I now have plans on sending my M8 in for the full treatment. It is quite conceivable that having the Griptac on the body in combination with Tim's Thumb's Up, would be enough to ensure complete confidence without the Leica grip. As it stands with the Leica grip w/Griptac and Thumb’s Up, the camera feels welded to my hand. :shocked: ~ Kudos to cameraleather ~
Regards,

Last edited:

Maggie O

Those are some very good-looking cameras.

I am quite tempted to cover my M8 with some leather. To match my steering wheel, of course.

JWW

Finally got my slide developed of the M8 with DIY vulcanette. Taken with MP and 75lux; M3 in background.

Jan

Last edited:

Maggie O

Well, it's an attractive photo and the red dot is nicely highlighted, but I have no idea what the leather looks like.

Horses for courses, wot?

gfspencer

I just put on CameraLeather's Griptac. Great product and easy install using the dry method. What a difference in handling. Great grip!!! See pics.

Regards,

Reynolds
I don't mean to hijack the thread but, Reynolds, where did you get your strap?

And to bring the discussion back to recovering the M8, I'm not sure that I would have enough nerve to do it myself. :shocked: