The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My New Leica M9

deepdiver

Hi hacker, thx you for the picture.
ZM 85/2 looks so FAT hahhahaa
btw, are u always using 1.4x magnifier on ur Leica M9 ?
Can u still see the 50mm line ( when u are using lux 50 + 1,4x magnifier) ?

thx

fotografz

The VF is really useful to me, especially when I have the 1.4x magnifier permanently on the M9.

A better comparison is between the 75 Cron or even the 90 Cron. Both are stunning but more expensive. The Zeiss is a really large lens.

Does the Zeiss 85 bring up the 90 or the 75 frame lines? If so, are they relatively accurate? I have the 1.4X mag on order ... can you see the 35 frame lines, or is it mostly for 50mm on up? I want it mostly for the 50/0.95 and 75 Lux. but if it worked with the 35 that would be great.

Thanks,

-Marc

Hacker

Hi hacker, thx you for the picture.
ZM 85/2 looks so FAT hahhahaa
btw, are u always using 1.4x magnifier on ur Leica M9 ?
Can u still see the 50mm line ( when u are using lux 50 + 1,4x magnifier) ?

thx
Yes, the 1.4x magnifier is always on the M9. That is why I advocate the use of the VF. That also means that I have a VF for each focal length, e.g. 18, 21, 24mm, or the Frakenfinder if I use the WATE.

Hacker

Does the Zeiss 85 bring up the 90 or the 75 frame lines? If so, are they relatively accurate? I have the 1.4X mag on order ... can you see the 35 frame lines, or is it mostly for 50mm on up? I want it mostly for the 50/0.95 and 75 Lux. but if it worked with the 35 that would be great.

Thanks,

-Marc
90mm frameline. And yes, you can see the 35 frameline. It works great on the Noctilux 50 f/0.95 and the 75 Lux.

Hacker

Andree, I see from your other posts that you are not adverse to using large and fast lenses (Nikon 200 f/2). I would highly recommend either of these for your indoor shots such as the excellent ones you have presented here :):

deepdiver

Hackerrrr, don's show me those lens
I would love to have one of those, but I cant afford it at the moment :cry:
Only summilux 50/1.4 can fit my budget today :p

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Andree, I can't wait till your M9 and 50 lux meets your "new special friends".;)
Congratulations on your new gear.

Hacker

what do u think shooting 24 lux without the external viewfinder? for me, to be honest, I think I'm having a hard time :(
my framing were so bad, so i had to re-take some more pictures with 24 lux, in order to get the "correct" framing.
I think I want to get Leica 24mm external viewfinder.
Any experience using this?
It is hard to shoot WA pictures without the use of an external viewfinder with the M9, especially for 24mm and wider. And since I use the 1.4x magnifier on the M9, it is too troublesome to take the magnifier on and off at times.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I seriously detest magnifiers. In my experience they only serve to magnify existing vision problems... Anyway, as viewfinders go, I find Zeiss are the best, Voigtlander offer best value for money, and Leica comes in a rather skimpy third...:(

Hacker

I seriously detest magnifiers. In my experience they only serve to magnify existing vision problems... Anyway, as viewfinders go, I find Zeiss are the best, Voigtlander offer best value for money, and Leica comes in a rather skimpy third...:(
Are you referring to the latest brass brightline Leica finders? They are different from the previous versions.

Paul David

A voigtlander viewfinder came with a used 21mm Elmarit. After using the viewfinders with the Cambo WRS and Phase One back it's wonderful. I haven't tried the Leica or Zeiss viewfinders, but the voiglander is fine with me!

Paul