The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New product registration online

robertwright

If I register a new product online does that mean I don't have to mail the warranty card to NJ?

full disclosure: cindy helped my GAS by pm'ing me about her 28 cron. I was a little unsure and had been watching the FS forum to see if anyone was going to pick it up. The morning I decided to go for it it was announced another forum member had bought it!:cry:

What to do:confused:

Take the old cdn elmarit 28 and see if I could broker a trade at Photovillage!

They gave me a great deal and I have an as new demo 28cron:thumbs:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Robert you should not have to send the card in but I can ask Leica if you want. Congrats on the 28 cron. Love that lens

I know have not sent any cards in and both camera's i had are registered.

robertwright

I think it should be ok. The M8 is registered this way and you can view your registrations on the website. the only difference is that they don't really demarcate new from old, you put in the purchase date but you don't indicate whether or not this registration is for gear bought new or old gear, since you can register both.

The registration card says it is certified pre-owned, warranty one year from date of mailing the card in (registration) or 18 months from date of service indicated on card. the card is blank however.

somewhat confusing, I could email leica myself but I suspect your email will trigger a faster response since I am supposed to have 10 days from purchase to do this.

re the cron-seems to have the effect where midtones are rendered brighter than other lenses I have-has anyone noticed this?

robertwright

I emailed rich at photovillage and he said I should mail the card in, that the website is only for new equipment and not certified pre owned. Anyway, can't hurt either way.

robertwright

yea you don't know what you are missing until...

I need to do a close comparison between the zeiss 25 and the cron, formerly the zeiss was my bodycap but I was finding I could not get it together pictorially.

anyway rich at photovillage explained the "certified pre owned" idea which is what Leica calls their demo units, dealers get these units in to sell with a one year warranty and they have been inspected. He said they may have been used on demo days or in demo promos, not necessarily by the dealer you are buying from. It is just another sales channel. But that they are usually mint and also have been inspected. they go for less than new. In this case I also got to my mind a generous trade on my aging 28 cdn third version. On ebay it would have been ignored or sold for very little, considering you can get a new elmarit asph for 1400.

scott kirkpatrick

Re: New product (28 cron-asph)

Congratulations on the cron, Robert. Now 2 members have "new" 28 crons.:clap:
Three. I just received the "used mint" one that Popflash was briefly advertising. This was after I was tempted by one on Ebay that claimed similar mintiness, sat at $1850 for a week, then flared up to the true price of $2600 in the last thirty seconds. Same price as Tony's. I'm shooting with it now.

scott

robertwright

So what I have been noticing is that the contrast of this lens is very different from any of my other lenses, the cron asph 35, the pre50 lux, and the zeiss 25--i find the cron 28 really has a "bright" midtone, it is a very different look than my other lenses.

...sniffing around a noctilux now...god help us...