The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ZM 25mm and M9

thrice

None other than Dr Hubert Nasse is looking into this issue. I think everyone can sit tight and be sure Zeiss will come up with something solid.

One thing that I have found out, is Cosina designed the grooved mounts for them, and moved the screws...

ampguy

Just curious, if you have an M9, wouldn't you prefer the old mount with the 28/90 lines, versus the interim (or is it permanent?) new flange with the 24/35/135 lines that was requested mainly by RD1/M8 users?

Stuart Richardson

Yes. I am sure. You could just enter it manually in the M9, but if you want it to come up as a 24/2.8 automatically, you need both the coding and the proper bayonet/framelines. Leica uses both to identify the lens.

trisberg

Stuart is right. Just tested on my M8 with my hand-coded ZM 25mm and if I move the frame line preview lever to the 28/90 position I no longer see the 24mm in the metadata as I do when the lever is in the 24/35 position.

-Thomas

thrice

I want the 24/2.8 coding. I use cornerfix for the red edge issue with all my wides (none 100% corrected with coding). I have over a hundred thousand images on his machine accumulated over the years (don't worry - double backed up), reasonably organised and exif helps.

Paul David

For what it's worth, I am trying out 35mm Biogon f/2 and f/2.8 C on an M9. A tiny bit of a light leak on the compact, and lots on the f/2 at 2 seconds or more ISO 160. Seems to be leaking through a screw recess in the lens mount rather than on the lens, although doesn't leak with Leica lenses. A small piece of tape covering the area on the outside of the mount solves the problem. The f/2 is significantly sharper on the edges than the f/2.8 up to f/11, so I'll keep that one and put up with some tape on the occasions that I need an exposure longer than 2 sec in bright sunlight.
Paul

ampguy

Over 100K images on an M8? or M9? Or am I mis-understanding this? Thanks.

I want the 24/2.8 coding. I use cornerfix for the red edge issue with all my wides (none 100% corrected with coding). I have over a hundred thousand images on his machine accumulated over the years (don't worry - double backed up), reasonably organised and exif helps.

N

nomored3

For what it's worth, I am trying out 35mm Biogon f/2 and f/2.8 C on an M9. A tiny bit of a light leak on the compact, and lots on the f/2 at 2 seconds or more ISO 160. Seems to be leaking through a screw recess in the lens mount rather than on the lens, although doesn't leak with Leica lenses. A small piece of tape covering the area on the outside of the mount solves the problem. The f/2 is significantly sharper on the edges than the f/2.8 up to f/11, so I'll keep that one and put up with some tape on the occasions that I need an exposure longer than 2 sec in bright sunlight.
Paul
Hi, recent convert to Leica M / M9. Have the f2 Biogon and can confirm it has light leak issues too. I used a simple bit of blue-tac to fix it. Reversible and not messy :)

N

nomored3

What is blue-tac?
Blue-tac is a trade name in Asia - its a stationary item - like modeling clay that you pinch a little off and stick it to the wall and you stick a page to it to hold it. Totally reversible. Blue-tac is made by 3M so it is easy to get anywhere.