The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Leitz Summicron-R 50mm F2 vs Leica Summicron-R 50mm F2

Klif570

Hi,

I can't seem to find any comparison of these two Leicas so maybe you could help me with this?

The newer one (made in Canada) seems a bit more expensive, but is it better than the older design Leitz one? Any thoughts which one would be better on a DSLR with an adapter?

Many thanks,
Klif570

bensonga

Hi,

I can't seem to find any comparison of these two Leicas so maybe you could help me with this?

The newer one (made in Canada) seems a bit more expensive, but is it better than the older design Leitz one? Any thoughts which one would be better on a DSLR with an adapter?

Many thanks,
Klif570
There is some information on these lenses in the Erwin Puts Leica Lens Compendium (a PDF version without the illustrations is now available online for free).

Gary