The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Weird DMR adaptations

jaapv

Subscriber Member
First a handgrip I found on e-bay. Brand: Samigon. Beautifully made, with a grotty cable release. (which is why it is only partly shown here) The Kabel-C by Novoflex needed only minor alterations- just a hole tapped to M4 and a dollop of Superglue- to be a perfect fit. It increased the handholdability of the combo by at least two stops :)

And then I managed to fit my Tele-Elmar 4.0-135 on the DMR with the use of OTZFO and the Cameraquest Visolens/R ring.
Spot-on for focussing, and this is arguably a better lens that the 2.8/135 R, close to the APO's - though the combo looks a bit funny. I'll post results after the weekend...

doug

There is also a Nikon pistol grip with mechanical cable release. I'm using this on my Novoflex.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comments guys - Yes, Rob, I know it, in fact I demolished one a few weeks ago to adapt it to the Noflexar. I never quirte liked the ergonomics, and this el-cheapo one I found by chance fits my hand perfectly. I suppose I could open it and fit a microswitch, but the cable release is fine for my use.

I saw that one on E-bay too, Doug, quite a few in fact. I couldn't find a good image, so I went for this one, which only cost 29 $ :) :toocool:

jaapv

Subscriber Member
It is - I use it on the beach and took this one. I may replace it with another sometime..