The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Screw to Bayonet on M8 question

dmabry2010

Hello.

To get a feel for old screw lenses, I purchased an older 200mm Telyt f/4 screw mount lens. Along with it, I purchased the bayonet to screw adapter (or is that screw to bayonet?), model 16466M.

So far, I have not been able to get the adaptor to mount on the camera. Is it user error, or was I mistaken that 16466M is not compatible with the M8?

Thank you,

Dmabry2010

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Hello.

To get a feel for old screw lenses, I purchased an older 200mm Telyt f/4 screw mount lens. Along with it, I purchased the bayonet to screw adapter (or is that screw to bayonet?), model 16466M.

So far, I have not been able to get the adaptor to mount on the camera. Is it user error, or was I mistaken that 16466M is not compatible with the M8?

Thank you,

Dmabry2010
That is an adapter for a visoflex II system and your lens is a lens that requires a visoflex to mount on an M body. It will not mount directly to an M body.

See: Laney's Leica Collector's Guide 2nd ed. pp 429

Here is a correct LTM to M mount adaptor.