The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Advise needed pls

blimey

Thanks everyone. I've suggested it countless time. The buyer believes DAG is not the answer. I've reiterated that I will pay in full the focus adjustment done by DAG in good spirit to make him happy and get his M8 in shooting mode ASAP. I told him I am done and I'll see him in small claims court with proofs. I should contact Judge Judy or Joe Brown or one of those shows they have on TV on dispute. At least, I'll get my 15 minutes of fame and check it off the list in life. =)

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Thanks everyone. I've suggested it countless time. The buyer believes DAG is not the answer. I've reiterated that I will pay in full the focus adjustment done by DAG in good spirit to make him happy and get his M8 in shooting mode ASAP. I told him I am done and I'll see him in small claims court with proofs. I should contact Judge Judy or Joe Brown or one of those shows they have on TV on dispute. At least, I'll get my 15 minutes of fame and check it off the list in life. =)
I guess the bad karma that comes with backing out of a deal on my M8.2 comes around. Am I mistaken of wasn t it that you could not get paypal to change it to your credit card.

blimey

I guess the bad karma that comes with backing out of a deal on my M8.2 comes around. Am I mistaken of wasn t it that you could not get paypal to change it to your credit card.
believe me Roger, i tried my hardest to work with you on the transaction. but it was too late since it was sold and i finally have everything verified with the CC link account. i wouldnt consider it bad karma, you eventually sold your m8.2 and there was no harm in your end. that was the best deal ive seen on the m8.2 with your track record.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I think you are being taken for a ride. The main part of this estimate is standard Leica speak for a CLA. I can show you a number of identical estimates. The only discrepancy is the focus repair, but I am convinced that the part of the letter you did not see mentions " impact damage"

harmsr

Workshop Member
blimey,

I think you are actually being more than fair and would not be obligated to even help with the $100 rangefinder adjustment at DAG.

He picked up the camera from you and accepted it. PERIOD - DONE. He should have brought a lens and checked the files with you. If you shipped it to him, I would say that any complaints would need to be expressed back to you within 3 days. The proposed solution would then come from you. Either to pay for repairs at your choice of location or to refund the camera.

You never know what transpired in the next 3 weeks or if his lenses are not calibrated correctly.

Wish him well and say good bye.

Ray