The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 accessories

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well for some newbies to the M8 this question comes up a lot and it is a very valid question. What accessories should they get and what should they avoid.

So folks what tips and tricks are you using on the M8 to make the shooting experience better and why? Have fun . i will post my thoughts later

P

PaulMayeux

Seriously though, the only accessory I would like is a reasonable sized charger. Heck my wifes Canon 400D charger is tiny. There is no reason the same shouldn't be true for the Leica charger. Of course it is all a wash when she see's my files compared to hers. I just keep reminding her how much she likes autofocus...

P

PaulMayeux

Won't work with Leica buyers, it will be maxed out....
Oh how true that is. I would have maxxed it out with the lenses I have added since buying the M8. I'm glad I didn't have to start from square one when I got the M8. It's odd, I was fine with a two lens kit for the last ten years, then this camera comes out and here we are...

Guy Mancuso

Leica lens cloth. I will tell you it is my favorite thing around and needed very badly. Actually between leica , Jack and I at the Yosemite workshop everyone got 1 or 2 as gifts.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
The accessories that I need are a classic softie (I bought mine from Tom Abrahamsson (http://rapidwinder.com/)), a diopter and a magnifier. I also love my luigi half-case with the built-in grip, but I wouldn't consider it necessary.

Farnz

To keep your sensor clean: the Giotto Rocket Air.

View attachment 459

The little one is very at home in my gadget bag, has a surpisingly strong puff, doesn't need refilling, needs no comsumables and doesn't have a battery! :D

Pete.

Guy Mancuso

External finders. I use a Zeiss 25/28 finder for my Zeiss 18mm and Leica 21mm. And i just ordered a Voightlander 15mm for my 12mm Voightlander lens new one that i just got. i don't normally use a external with the 12mm lens but nice to have one when i want to be accurate

Guy Mancuso

BTW on the 12mm Hood that John makes what snap cap size do you need for some reason i think it is 63mm

Guy Mancuso

i had a feeling the hand grip sold well for the M8 and the 1.25 not sure i could not be without. thanks