The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 3 is available

thetoness

Anyone have any insight on those of us who purchased an M9 but waited for LR3 and did not download the free LR2? What now?

Terry

Other than lens corrections did they throw anything else in that wasn't in the beta? I'm travelling so can't download just yet

Reynolds

Workshop Member
It is indeed, Lloyd! I am having trouble finding the Leica specific items (lens correction, etc.) You all have any help for me?

jklotz

Foregive me if this has been covered before, but the code is for Ver 2.x, correct? I still have to pay to upgrade to LR 3?

Thanks

Foregive me if this has been covered before, but the code is for Ver 2.x, correct? I still have to pay to upgrade to LR 3?

Thanks
Some info in this thread in another forum...

For those of us wo haven´t yet used our codes for LR2, it sounds like we might get LR3 if we wait a little. During the wait, there´s always the free 30 day trial.

Lloyd

It is indeed, Lloyd! I am having trouble finding the Leica specific items (lens correction, etc.) You all have any help for me?
Hi Reynolds. I haven't tried to do profiled Lens Correction on a Leica shot yet (in truth, I haven't needed it), but I'd be surprised if Leica lens profiles are included. I'm guessing I'll have to use manual correction for those.

I have used it on Nikon lenses, and it works fairly well. I have tweaked those manually even after the auto corrections.

proenca

Honestly, the difference at High ISO's is really like upgrading the camera... its nothing short of unbelievable...

j. white

I've been using the released version for a couple of weeks now have to say that Lightroom just keeps getting better. My most-used new feature is the graphic watermarking. It came just in time for one of the regular shoots I do.

The new Import dialog is a trade-off between flexibility and ease of use. I don't particularly like it, but it's not a nuisance either.

Other than that though, Adobe seems to be right on track with providing genuinely useful tools for each module.

-J.

jklotz

So anybody know if/how/when our codes that came with the cameras will get us LR3? I'm not cheap, but $100 is $100...