The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Carl From N.Carolina. Bless His Soul.
Steve: Hard to comment on these. They're just so gosh darn good. PP, Framing, everything. It's also interesting to see the different aesthetic choices made by you and Ashwin. The last photo's outstanding. I find it hard to take photos of the homeless these days. Probably because i distance myself. Have to work on that. I'm glad you did. :thumbup: :cool:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

edwin_sn

my first post here...
M8,canon 50/1.4... my son with his new pet "Migo"

...my kids as my usual models :) ... still with the 50/1.4

M8,VC 28/2.0... my kids at starbucks :) ... no coffee for them

M8, vc 75/2.5 ...my daughter

Lloyd

my first post here...
M8,canon 50/1.4... my son with his new pet "Migo"

...my kids as my usual models :) ... still with the 50/1.4

M8,VC 28/2.0... my kids at starbucks :) ... no coffee for them

M8, vc 75/2.5 ...my daughter
Very nice images, Edwin. Thanks for sharing. I love the way that Canon lens renders too.

DavidE

David, Beautiful Set With The 24 Lux! Love The First & Last One!
Thanks, Ashwin, Maggie, Steve, Matt, and rayyan.

I do love the 24 lux. It was 106 degrees my first day in Vegas, so I spent most of the time indoors shooting wide open or close to wide open.

Here are three ceiling shots using the 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

panda81

I do love the 24 lux. It was 106 degrees my first day in Vegas, so I spent most of the time indoors shooting wide open or close to wide open.

You have a great eye for geometry - but whoa, makes my head spin a little ;)

DavidE

A few more with the 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

You're still the master of the wide lens shot, David. These are really great!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comments, Matt, Steve, Ashwin, Lloyd. Jerry, you are very kind.

Welcome Edwin. Great start, your child and puppy photo is similar to a photo I took yesterday ... some experiences are universal.

David, you certainly have a way with seeing and conveying a sense of geometry in your images.

Steve and Ashwin, the streets of Boston and Seattle are in very capable hands.

shtarka1

The puppy and child theme is a happy one after all of the homeless shots.

Kurt

These Are Awesome!!!

ashwinrao1

Agreed with Steve. Awesome work, Kurt.

Also, David, those ceiling shots are incredible...I love the light play. The hanging shoes shot, though makes me want this lens quite desparately...amazing work

eleanorbrown

As always, I enjoy catching up and seeing all the incredibly varied images on this forum! I have a few taken yesterday...I'm trying to carry my M9 with me more on errands, etc. shot some store reflections around my area of Houston in the process. Here are a few. I was drawn to the "layers" in these images"...Taken with the M9 and 75 Cron asph lens......Eleanor

Ricnak

Hi guys and girls.

It has finally happened. My M9 arrived! Almost 6 months after ordering one. The waiting time was well spent lurking around here. Learning lots and loving all the great shots posted here. I think it is great to see so many people out there taking shots of anything and everything. It is mind boggling to see all the gear and how far some of you folks travel.

It is my first rangefinder. I have spent the last week practising. Its like having a new child. I am making all the normal mistakes (seem normal to me). Like forgetting to take the lens cap off and forgetting to focus because the viewfinder is so lovely and bright. I am sure things will improve once I stop ignoring those framelines!

So far I have the 50lux, 35lux anf 75 cron. I would LOVE a leica wide angle. I do have a canon Fl 19mm. It is not rangefinder coupled but I gave it a go and was quite surprised.

My subject was not very inspiring. I would have loved a dog like Jono Slacks to do a burnout in the corner. I made do with a ball.

I don't have the right software to open DNG file yet so the pics will be jpegs out of thecamera and resized. Which is fine for now, because I don't really know what to to do with editing programs. I would welcome any CC. Any suggestions on possible improvements with post processing would be welcomed too!

Hope this works.

Cheers

Helen

Last edited:

Lloyd

Hi guys and girls.

It has finally happened. My M9 arrived! Almost 6 months after ordering one. The waiting time was well spent lurking around here. Learning lots and loving all the great shots posted here. I think it is great to see so many people out there taking shots of anything and everything. It is mind boggling to see all the gear and how far some of you folks travel.

It is my first rangefinder. I have spent the last week practising. Its like having a new child. I am making all the normal mistakes (seem normal to me). Like forgetting to take the lens cap off and forgetting to focus because the viewfinder is so lovely and bright. I am sure things will improve once I stop ignoring those framelines!

So far I have the 50lux, 35lux anf 75 cron. I would LOVE a leica wide angle. I do have a canon Fl 19mm. It is not rangefinder coupled but I gave it a go and was quite surprised.

My subject was not very inspiring. I would have loved a dog like Jono Slacks to do a burnout in the corner. I made do with a ball.

I don't have the right software to open DNG file yet so the pics will be jpegs out of thecamera and resized. Which is fine for now, because I don't really know what to to do with editing programs. I would welcome any CC. Any suggestions on possible improvements with post processing would be welcomed too!

Hope this works.

Cheers

Helen
That's a nice shot, and excellent use of the wide angle, Helen. Congrats on the new camera (and the very nice glass). Looking forward to much more as you share your rangefinder journey! :thumbup: