The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt: you're way too modest.
Btw, now i'm thinking i should have asked for a signed copy of the bear shots. :)

Steve: splendid photo.
My kind of subject, would have loved to take it myself (but the result would not be on par).

shtarka1

Matt: you're way too modest.
Btw, now i'm thinking i should have asked for a signed copy of the bear shots. :)

Steve: splendid photo.
My kind of subject, would have loved to take it myself (but the result would not be on par).
Thanks Corlan. You Would Have Made It Shine In Your Own Special Way! Thats For Sure!

ashwinrao1

And some more from our Photostroll...

Tai Chi in the Common:

Fancy Cars...

Steve on the prowl for the perfect photo...

Maggie O

Ashwin, those are all gorgeous! Wow.

What do you use to process the .DNG files?

(Man, I want an M9 even worse now.)

Here's a couple of recent shots from the M8, with CV 35/2.5 Color Skopar:

Mollie And Grandpa, May, 2010

Recumbant Wheelchair, May, 2010

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Maggie. Lovely shots yourself!

The M9 is a worthy tool and should find its way into your hands, but the M8 is stellar as well!

I processed everything in the images above solely in Lightroom 3. Typically, I have used Nik software, but I didn't use it for any of the shots posted in these prior 3 posts....LR3 is an AMAZING tool!!!

Maggie O

Thanks, Maggie. Lovely shots yourself!

The M9 is a worthy tool and should find its way into your hands, but the M8 is stellar as well!

I processed everything in the images above solely in Lightroom 3. Typically, I have used Nik software, but I didn't use it for any of the shots posted in these prior 3 posts....LR3 is an AMAZING tool!!!
Thanks, Ashwin!

Lightroom, eh? Wow. I thought Capture One was the best thing out there, but I cannot argue with your results. They're fantastic!

Tho' I can't help but wonder if C1 is best for the M8 and LR for the M9? Thoughts?

Lloyd

I have to second Maggie's sentiments, Ash. Those are some great shots. And I'll second what you've said about LR3, I've certainly been impressed so far.

BTW, that shot of Steve in the alley reminds me of the old Victor Mature Samson and Delilah movie. Watch out, the walls may come tumbling down any time!

ashwinrao1

Thanks so much, Lloyd. LR3 is fantastic, I agree!

Steve just might be able to push those walls apart and down :)

Maggie, I do agree that L3 does handle M9 files very well. Lloyd may be able to speak better on how it handles M8 files, as I no longer have the M8, but I must say that there's a quantum leap, particularly in the handling of noise, that LR3 has made. Plus the grain filters, watermarking, and vast improvements in vignetting tools, let alone the many new pre-sets, make this a worthy worthy addition!

Best,
Ashwin

Lloyd

Ashwin, those are all gorgeous! Wow.

What do you use to process the .DNG files?

(Man, I want an M9 even worse now.)

Here's a couple of recent shots from the M8, with CV 35/2.5 Color Skopar:

Mollie And Grandpa, May, 2010

Recumbant Wheelchair, May, 2010
These are nice shots Maggie. Isn't that little 35/2.5 Color Skopar a gem! I certainly love mine.

Lloyd

Thanks! It really is a great little lens; pretty hard to beat the size and IQ, you know?
Yes, indeed. Those attributes, plus the amazing price. It's a steal! Here's a sample shot using that lens on the M8. (I may have posted this previously, so I apologize if it's redundant.)

M8, CV 35/2.5 Color Skopar:

Lloyd

I really love how all your photos have significant meaning in your life. Thanks for sharing them with us. That's really the main purpose of all my photographic addictions too - hopefully my family and friends will enjoy them in years to come. I don't have to be renowned by the public, in fact I'm sure I won't, but I just hope my family will cherish the memories from my photos in the future.

Here are a few Leica-related snaps of my Stinkerball (just a nickname, we didn't really name him that!)

Thank you Jerry. Much appreciated. I love photography for the art, but honestly, I think the most important images any of us will every take are of our families and those close to us.

Very nice series of "Stinkerball". I love this one especially.