The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

PSon

Thanks Lloyd and Steve for the nice comment but I am not really a good photographer especially on the rangefinder system like you folks here. I am learning to use the system and keep watching your images and others come through here. I am amazed how you folk can capture images with this system. An example is the recent image by Ashwin with the wonderful expression. We all have our strengths and we can learn and support each other.

Peter and Charlie,
Yes we are now able to put the Hasseblad Carl Zeiss lens on the Leica M9 system. There are two reasons why I felt this was important to carry out: 1) Macro work and 2) telephoto lens. I feel that many of us begin to own one system and the range finder system is good with wide angle to mid focal length. The lack of macro and long telephoto lens was something I want to add to the system. I also had another idea but Really Right Stuff had beat me to the finish line so I commend them for their vision to support us photographer.

Best Regards,
-Son

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Son,

So, have you developed an M to Hasselblad adapter? The 110/2 has gorgeous bokeh and would certainly be interesting to try on the M9 especially if it were coupled (It'd be a large lens to use ... but so is the Noct). As a shallow depth of field kind of guy, I'd be very excited to use that particular lens.

Kurt

PSon

hi Kurt,
Yes I have seen your development over the years and always fascinated by your original approach to photography especially the shallow depth of field for landscape work. I see that the Noctilux has work out very well for you and the black and white images.

Interestingly, I love the Zeiss optics especially in black and white since I see the smooth tonality in these lens. When I do colors I prefer the Leica, Schneider Rollei and Hasselblad Zeiss Superachromat lens. Thus, I have made an adapter for the Hasselblad lens to work on the Visoflex so you can see through the prism for focusing. The adapter must be quite thin and accurate to get to infinity as well. I have not been happy with the Visoflex lens and thus another reason why this set was made.

Best Regards,
Son

ashwinrao1

Tim, lovely shots you have there! You are rocking the German optics as well!

Son, congrats on adopting some legendary glass and making it work so well.

Tom, nice to see ya here! I am admiring that Luigi case as I type this ;).

Ash

jonoslack

Ashwin - Terry - Son - David - Matt - so many good shots. . . . . . and all I've got to offer is a bend in the road:

and an offering:

PSon

Tom - it is in my blood to make things that I see as solutions

Jono - I 've seen many great works from you in the past like others here but rarely comment. This is my first so here:
Yes you only use a bend road but you forgot to mentioned that you bend the light to make the bended road looks magic.

Best Regards,
Son

Lloyd

Jono - I 've seen many great works from you in the past like others here but rarely comment. This is my first so here:
Yes you only use a bend road but you forgot to mentioned that you bend the light to make the bended road looks magic.

Best Regards,
Son
+1 from me. Well said. :thumbup:

shtarka1

Best Regards,
Son
Amen To That!

panda81

Hey fellas -

Inspired by Lloyd's moving descriptions, I want to give just a little introduction to give you a reference point for what these pictures are about.

I borrowed the CV 21/4 from a friend this past weekend to take some photos of another friend's bachelor party. All the following photos were taken with his lens. (For those of you who read Steve Huff's website, my friend's actually famous! He's the one who wrote the article about traveling to SF with the M9. :) )

Anyway, bachelor parties for us are a bit different from what you normally see on TV. We started off the day at 8:30am by meeting at church. Our group of guys gathered together to share and encourage our soon-to-be-married friend. We shared stories of what to expect, and reminded him to be a strong, graceful, and loving husband. We finished that session with probably the most important thing we could ever do for our friend - praying together, asking God to bless their marriage and always watch over them, and also showing our friend that we'll always be there for support if he needed it.

Afterwards, most of the guys went off to play paintball for the next few hours, one last chance to release the inner violence before being domesticated, I suppose ;) However, I went home to help my wife run errands and take care of our newborn. One of the best moments of the weekend was here, when my wife was giving our little boy a bath. Apparently, he really enjoys bathtime - hopefully this will continue as he keeps growing!

In the evening, I rejoined the boys at our favorite restaurant to celebrate at: Fogo de Chao. The restaurant is a Brazilian churrascaria - if you're unfamiliar with these types of restaurants, basically it's an entire buffet of delicious meats. Servers will come by your table with large slabs of meats on platters or giant skewers. If you fancy the meat they are carrying, they will slice off a piece and put it on your plate. This goes on until your stomach begs you to stop. During our wait, I thought it would be fun to shoot some candids to maybe catch some fun moments - certainly, a few of interesting moments came up.

Oh yes, it was a happy Saturday :) Thanks for reading!

rayyan

Best Regards,
Son
Son: Very well said sir. It is an honor to meet such a person.

Jono: +1 to what Son said. I couldn't say it any better. btw..the book is worth it!!

Regards.

rayyan

Hey fellas -

Inspired by Lloyd's moving descriptions, I want to give just a little introduction to give you a reference point for what these pictures are about.

However, I went home to help my wife run errands and take care of our newborn. One of the best moments of the weekend was here, when my wife was giving our little boy a bath. Apparently, he really enjoys bathtime - hopefully this will continue as he keeps growing!

panda81: This is a brilliant photograph. One that you and your wife shall cherish and preserve for your child.

Superb.:thumbup:

Lloyd

Hey fellas -

I borrowed the CV 21/4 from a friend this past weekend to take some photos of another friend's bachelor party. All the following photos were taken with his lens. (For those of you who read Steve Huff's website, my friend's actually famous! He's the one who wrote the article about traveling to SF with the M9. :) )

Anyway, bachelor parties for us are a bit different from what you normally see on TV. We started off the day at 8:30am by meeting at church. Our group of guys gathered together to share and encourage our soon-to-be-married friend. We shared stories of what to expect, and reminded him to be a strong, graceful, and loving husband. We finished that session with probably the most important thing we could ever do for our friend - praying together, asking God to bless their marriage and always watch over them, and also showing our friend that we'll always be there for support if he needed it.

Afterwards, most of the guys went off to play paintball for the next few hours, one last chance to release the inner violence before being domesticated, I suppose ;) However, I went home to help my wife run errands and take care of our newborn. One of the best moments of the weekend was here, when my wife was giving our little boy a bath. Apparently, he really enjoys bathtime - hopefully this will continue as he keeps growing!

In the evening, I rejoined the boys at our favorite restaurant to celebrate at: Fogo de Chao. The restaurant is a Brazilian churrascaria - if you're unfamiliar with these types of restaurants, basically it's an entire buffet of delicious meats. Servers will come by your table with large slabs of meats on platters or giant skewers. If you fancy the meat they are carrying, they will slice off a piece and put it on your plate. This goes on until your stomach begs you to stop. During our wait, I thought it would be fun to shoot some candids to maybe catch some fun moments - certainly, a few of interesting moments came up.

Jerry: Thank you for sharing. I was touched by your description, and wonder how much better off many marriage would be if started in such a serious and thoughtful manner... and with the earnest support of good friends.

The images are strong, and that one of your wife and child simply priceless.

You have told (and shown us) your advantage Jerry. Advantage indeed.

ashwinrao1

Wow, lovely posts here!!!! Trying not to miss a beat!

@ Jono: Wow, you make the bend in the road sublime with your treatment. I am in complete agreement with Son and Lloyd, plus I love the light on the flower in your second shot.

@ Jerry: Just saw these images on your flickr site. Marvelous, my friend, and even better to see and hear the story behind these magical moments leading forward in your life! Wonderful stuff!

Peter Klein

This weekend I shot some dear friends' 30th anniversary party. I've picked three favorites to show, which are not of the anniversary couple, but of their daughter, her boyfriend, and an Armenian chef.

Jenny with roses:

Armenian kabob:

Alex and Jenny:

M8 and 35 Summilux ASPH
--Peter

Peter Klein

Wow, everyone, some great photos these last few days! Lloyd, your photo of Pepper brought tears to my eyes, I know exactly the feeling. And such a striking portrait or Mimi, and the parallel photos of your parents half a century apart. Jerry, welcome, you can never go wrong with beautiful women, adorable dogs and babies. Matt, congrats on your exhibit, and for covering the Freemont streakfest. I've got a photo of the guy with the aluminum bass from Pike Place Market--he gets around. Ash, thanks for the visit to my old haunts in Boston, And Jono, that was some bend in the road, superangulonified, with even the IR clouds bending!

I just worked a 12-hour day, with more to come (sigh), but I wanted to make sure y'all knew I was looking and appreciating!

--Peter

rayyan

I am a conventional guy. By necessity and training.

Unless there is a compelling reason to be otherwise.

Then instincts get in the way...primitive instincts...

And things start looking up.