The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

Something pulled me in his direction. It was impossible to miss the greatness of this shoe-shiner's sorrow.
Then a customer approached him, only to be dismissed with a wave of his creased and stained hand. He didn't want to do anything else, but to live out his sorrow.
I felt lonely and helpless, just like him. All I could do was to capture the moment. I'm glad I did.
(M8+75'cron)

Masterful Shot Osman!
Ayesha and me have been lucky to have traveled to a lot of countries.

Which is our favorite destination...Without hesitation...Switzerland.

To us it is the people and the place. We have not found any better.

So here, for a few days, is our impression of this beautiful country.

We travel by train...the most efficient service in the world. Believe us. We are right on this one.

Switzerland..the way we saw it:

You've Done It Again Rayyan...Awesome!!!

Lloyd

A movie crew with Canon DSLR's (although the guy in plaid might have a Nikon; I had the only Leica). Pretty elaborate mic setup. No gaffers, best boy, or grips in sight. It looked like they were going from busker to busker and filming each. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Great series Matt. I like the b/w too. Glad you were there to record the recording.

Lloyd

Peter: I wondered where were? Beautiful photos. I esp. like the one of the daughter. Excellent, framing, expression and pp. Don't work to hard.

Thanks, and the parade came to me. It went right by my office door. Some of those musicians show up as duos, trios, etc. with dizzying combinations. Cheers, Matt.

+1 Peter, on the anniversary series. Great stuff all. Thanks for the sentiments on my posting. Much appreciated.

Lloyd

I am a conventional guy. By necessity and training.

Unless there is a compelling reason to be otherwise.

Then instincts get in the way...primitive instincts...

And things start looking up.
Ah my friend. Yet another thing we have in common!:thumbs:

Lloyd

Ayesha and me have been lucky to have traveled to a lot of countries.

Which is our favorite destination...Without hesitation...Switzerland.

To us it is the people and the place. We have not found any better.

So here, for a few days, is our impression of this beautiful country.

We travel by train...the most efficient service in the world. Believe us. We are right on this one.
Beautiful images Rayyan. I love the reflections in the first, and the way they counterpoint the elegant paint on the train.

The second shot is just a visual feast; warm color, cool green and blue. I instantly want to visit this place.

Lloyd

I pass by this fairly often, and even photographed a bride here once. I always thought it looked so quiet and peaceful. Fact is, it's right about the food court for a mall (the open area behind), and most of the time I'm there, it's ridiculously noisy! But, photography lets us create our own mood, right?

M8, 35 Cron:

Lloyd

We discovered our oldest grandson is absolutely fascinated with gardening. He couldn't get enough of helping Mimi plant, weed, etc. He and his parents returned to New York (where they live in an apartment) on Sunday, and they've already stared a little box garden for him on their balcony.

M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH:

ashwinrao1

Wow, lovely shots.

Rayyan, more magic from you as usual. "Primitive Magic?" hahah...great shot. I am appreciating your instincts! Further, I would love to see more of Switzerland. The country is too far and too expensive for my current travel plan, but once I am done paying for all of this Leica glass, I may be able to free up more for travel ;)

Osman, lovely image and powerful accompanying words to enhance the already powerful image.

Matt, lovely capture at Pikes Place? you are become the Pike's Place Maestro, my friend. It's a great place to "be" and to "see" in Seattle to appreciate the Pac NW, and you frame it well.

Lloyd, lovely captures with the 90 'cron pre-asph. I used to own the lens, many years back and love its rendering, but not its bulk. Your images show the best qualities of the lens, and are great moments in life and in growing up. Lovely.

ashwinrao1

A movie crew with Canon DSLR's (although the guy in plaid might have a Nikon; I had the only Leica). Pretty elaborate mic setup. No gaffers, best boy, or grips in sight. It looked like they were going from busker to busker and filming each. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/3000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/6.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Matt, and Rayyan, some of my favorites here!!!

My gosh, Rayyan. The colors here...woah!!!

rayyan

You've Done It Again Rayyan...Awesome!!!
Steve: Sir, thank you.

Ah my friend. Yet another thing we have in common!:thumbs:
Lloyd: :thumbs:

Beautiful images Rayyan. I love the reflections in the first, and the way they counterpoint the elegant paint on the train.

The second shot is just a visual feast; warm color, cool green and blue. I instantly want to visit this place.
Lloyd: Much appreciated. It is a beautiful place.

Wow, lovely shots.

Rayyan, more magic from you as usual. "Primitive Magic?" hahah...great shot. I am appreciating your instincts! Further, I would love to see more of Switzerland. The country is too far and too expensive for my current travel plan, but once I am done paying for all of this Leica glass, I may be able to free up more for travel ;)
Matt, and Rayyan, some of my favorites here!!!

My gosh, Rayyan. The colors here...woah!!!
Ashwin: You are too kind. Too far, maybe. Too expensive? You have been to
Venice. That is more expensive than Switzerland.

Guys, thank you all very much.

rayyan

I pass by this fairly often, and even photographed a bride here once. I always thought it looked so quiet and peaceful. Fact is, it's right about the food court for a mall (the open area behind), and most of the time I'm there, it's ridiculously noisy! But, photography lets us create our own mood, right?

M8, 35 Cron:

Lloyd: Serene and immaculately clean. The clean capture potrays this beautifully.

We discovered our oldest grandson is absolutely fascinated with gardening. He couldn't get enough of helping Mimi plant, weed, etc. He and his parents returned to New York (where they live in an apartment) on Sunday, and they've already stared a little box garden for him on their balcony.

M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH:

Lloyd: Wonderful. What can be more wonderful than this moment Lloyd? Honestly? Mimi and you must justly be proud.

Tender capture. Lovely.

Lloyd

Lloyd, lovely captures with the 90 'cron pre-asph. I used to own the lens, many years back and love its rendering, but not its bulk. Your images show the best qualities of the lens, and are great moments in life and in growing up. Lovely.
Thank you Ashwin. I really do love that lens, but fully agree about its bulk. Not on the scale of the Nocti 1.0, or the 0.95, but large enough.

Lloyd: Serene and immaculately clean. The clean capture potrays this beautifully.
You're too kind, my friend. I'm grateful.

Lloyd: Wonderful. What can be more wonderful than this moment Lloyd? Honestly? Mimi and you must justly be proud.

Tender capture. Lovely.
I appreciate, and look forward to, your comments, Rayyan. Always.

Yes, family is most important, and the moments each family has are priceless. I prize images like these above any I've ever taken.

otumay

Lloyd, Ashwin; thanks a zillion.
Lloyd, your shot of your grandson with Mimi is decidedly a heart warmer.
Rayyan, with the aid of your excellent photos, I started to feel warmth to a place which at first I had found a little on the cooler side. But that was years ago...

shtarka1

Tender capture. Lovely.
Here Here! Well Said!