The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Welcome back, Lloyd, you were missed! Thank you and Ashwin for taking time to view my posts and commenting.
Best,
Osman
Thank you Osman. Sincerely.

Osman...You Can Feel It From Here! Perfect Timing & Moment!
I agree, great shot.

Let me share several shots with the M9 and the Noctilux : (Aperture 3)
Sunset drink :

Stephane.
Terrific stuff, Stephane.

As usual I'm really enjoying seeing the photos on this forum....All so different and unique...and encourages me to try new types of subject matter with my M9. Here are some from this past week taken of reflections on buildings in Greenway Plaza, Houston. It's been so hot and humid here we're had spectacular clouds...good for these types of images. All with my 75 cron asph lens. .....Eleanor
You're part of the enjoyment for me, Eleanor. Great shots, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Time for a test... hey, it worked!
Nice catch Tim. Lovely subject matter. :D

i have a few students taking my online courses who live in japan. they were asking me about a live performance for quite some time. eventually i gave in, as i had absolutely nothing to do in june (no work in detroit these days :deadhorse:). just came back. no regrets whatsoever :)
No regrets from us either! Great shots, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/250s @ f/4; +2/3 EV; ISO 160
These are nothing short of incredible Matt. Some of your very best, IMHO.

18mm Distagon.
More magic, Daniel. Truly.

m_driscoll

It's very difficult to decide; do I prefer your Nikon shots or Leica shots...
I think I'll never be able to decide:ROTFL:
Osman: Thank you, sir! :D I can't decide which camera I like better.

Love that guitar Hero shot Matt !!! Is this a ZZ-Top member playing here ? ;-)
Stefane: Thanks. :D No, I think they're hanging out in LA by a pool. :LOL:

Thanks Matt. The test was simply to try imbedding an image URL instead of attaching an image. I've been jealous of everyone's large-image posts.
Tim: It worked well! :thumbup:

Well Said Osman! Matt....Fantabulous Set!!!
Steve: Thank you!

Thanks Matt :)

Just a couple of remarks:
#1 is not B&W
#3 is not a performance, unless you did not mean it literally. it is a borderline personality disorder called hysteria
#5 i do not do PP. what you see is what it was :)
images are clickable for larger versions. maybe that was a problem...
Irakly
Irakly: My apologies. :eek: I knew it was too late here. #1 is most definitely color; #3, I didn't mean literally, as staged, but more of an act in the ongoing street theater; then #5 is even cooler w/o pp. So, other then raw conversion, you don't do pp (or cropping?). An admirable approach with all of the software available to us! :thumbup:

Matt, the guitar player is a classic :)
Irakly: Thank you!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

18mm Distagon.
Daniel: Your seascapes are always stunning! No exception here. :thumbs:

Something in a different vein, at least for me. Moss on the pier.
M8 with 75'cron.
Osman: The color and texture's exceptional. It's very soothing in the abstract. Well done. :salute:

Thanks Mark, no, no distortion in Photoshop. the glass on this building was designed to distort reflections making some incredible shapes. eleanor
Matt I always like your market shots. I'll be in Colorado end of this week and will be going to some Farmers markets and taking my Leica. Hopefully people will be less intimidated by the M9 that by my Canon in past summers. eleanor
Eleanor: Thank you. I think people are less intimidated by the Leica. On the other hand with the canon, you can stay back and shoot quickly w/AF. I'd give the Leica the edge, though. Have fun!

...These are nothing short of incredible Matt. Some of your very best, IMHO.
Lloyd: Thank you my friend. :D

Cheers, Matt

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
That is really an impressive shot, Osman. Almost abstract, and very beautiful.
+1--very different for you Osman. More!

And this shot kind of stumped me. Not sure if it's the light or what, but something is niggling me about it. Any ideas?

eleanorbrown

Today is cloudy..different reflection...this time in color and some of the interior lights are visible.

also, Lloyd...thanks very much for your kind words. Eleanor

otumay

+1--very different for you Osman. More!

And this shot kind of stumped me. Not sure if it's the light or what, but something is niggling me about it. Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Your shot is profoundly impressive. Not just technically, more so aesthetically. I don't know why, but the boyish and a little snob expression of the violinist takes me ages back to Renaissance Italy.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you very much.

Your shot is profoundly impressive. Not just technically, more so aesthetically. I don't know why, but the boyish and a little snob expression of the violinist takes me ages back to Renaissance Italy.
I am very pleased by your lavish praise. Thank you! And wouldn't it be fun to be able to go back to Renaissance Italy (or Renaissance anywhere)?

otumay

No praise, honest! As for going back to Renaissance, I'd probably prefer hopping to Tahiti before the white man came:)

irakly

Thankyou Irakly :)
I really like the series you posted further up the page, I was also tricked by your first image, well done!
thank you :)
i love those color black-and-whites. usually eyes just slide by the scene of this kind to find something more colorful, and we do not notice it. in this case it was impossible to ignore this grayscale phantasmagoria because it was my hotel room :)

eleanorbrown

About "post processing" in the building reflection images in monotone....just occurred to me that you all were not talking about "abstract" manipulation (such as liquify filter) but the tonalities in B&W....What I did do was use some of the B&W filter presets in Lightroom 3... mainly numbers B&w 2 and 3. This emphasized the contrast, blue sky white clouds and so on. This I did do! Sorry about any miscommunication!! eleanor

m_driscoll

Today is cloudy..different reflection...this time in color and some of the interior lights are visible. =
also, Lloyd...thanks very much for your kind words. Eleanor
Eleanor: Very nice in color, too. :D

Thank you very much.
Tim: I like it. My only thought is probably the light and shadows. His face appears very smooth and flat. The light seems to come from his right. Maybe a little more contrast to bring out the shadows? Early Renaissance painting while they were still working out light, shadow and perspective. ;)

About "post processing" in the building reflection images in monotone....just occurred to me that you all were not talking about "abstract" manipulation (such as liquify filter) but the tonalities in B&W....What I did do was use some of the B&W filter presets in Lightroom 3... mainly numbers B&w 2 and 3. This emphasized the contrast, blue sky white clouds and so on. This I did do! Sorry about any miscommunication!! eleanor
Eleanor: I actually was thinking about "liquify" pp! I know that it's almost impossible to get "flat" glass; but, that seems extraordinarily uneven. Do you know the name of the building? I'm curious.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/60s @ f/4.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/500s @ f/2.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/125s @ f/4.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

4. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/180s @ f/4.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Lloyd

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/60s @ f/4.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160
I have to say, Matt. You're getting some impressive results with this camera/lens combo. And as for the first shot... well, I've had the same reaction to a price tag... holding my stomach and gasping for breath. :D

eleanorbrown

I don't know the name of the building Matt. Next time I'll look to see if it has a name. It is bordered by a bank on the east and the Houston City Club (think that's the name) on the south...it's just north of Highway 59 which runs through the city and is in Greenway Plaza. That's all the info I have about it but the glass is wavy and made to reflect in an interesting way! eleanor

Eleanor: I actually was thinking about "liquify" pp! I know that it's almost impossible to get "flat" glass; but, that seems extraordinarily uneven. Do you know the name of the building? I'm curious.

Cheers, Matt

eleanorbrown

Matt, it is the Encore Bank Building, Richmond Ave, Houston.
https://www.encorebank.com/locations_houston.php

I don't know the name of the building Matt. Next time I'll look to see if it has a name. It is bordered by a bank on the east and the Houston City Club (think that's the name) on the south...it's just north of Highway 59 which runs through the city and is in Greenway Plaza. That's all the info I have about it but the glass is wavy and made to reflect in an interesting way! eleanor

Cheers, Matt

BishopB

Wow...out a couple of weeks and not only is there a new thread but so much great work. Much to compliment but just want to say that Ashwin, Osman, Matt (congrats on your showing!), Lloyd and Eleanor....like what you have recently posted. Yours and others are all top notch.

Had a business trip to Canada (too much business and not enough photography time) which resulted in the following images...

Also, thanks to all for your comments on the following image. It was just selected for the Center for Fine Art Photography show entitled "Black and White".