The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Maggie O

Maggie: That must be a Nebraska, heartland, midwest reaction! Even though, they were teriffic pictures, it had the opposite effect on me. I'm going vegan. :LOL: Cheers, Matt
Most Nebraskans would run away screaming, I think. Maybe some of the old farmers would grok it, but not most of the folks around here. I developed my love for those sorts of markets living in San Francisco's Chinatown!

jonoslack

Wonderful Nick . . . I also loved the market shots, but i was a bit disturbed to see the frogs all looking at where their compatriots had been butchered . . . those ducks looked yummy though!

I went to a retirement party this evening - here are a couple of shots with the M9 and the 35 'lux that I liked . . . . they aren't perhaps so suitable for the website

m_driscoll

something a little less gory...
Nick: Great composition, framing and color. What are those?

Most Nebraskans would run away screaming, I think. Maybe some of the old farmers would grok it, but not most of the folks around here. I developed my love for those sorts of markets living in San Francisco's Chinatown!
Maggie: That explains it! Our Chinatown is now the "International district". Not as authentically colorful as SF's. Besides, meat comes in brown paper wrappers or those see through plastic trays.

Wonderful Nick . . . I also loved the market shots, but i was a bit disturbed to see the frogs all looking at where their compatriots had been butchered . . . those ducks looked yummy though!

I went to a retirement party this evening - here are a couple of shots with the M9 and the 35 'lux that I liked . . . . they aren't perhaps so suitable for the website
Jono: Looks good to me. I think the low contrast images suit the retirement, fading away, purpose of the party. This last one really captures a moment. :thumbup:
For those of us in the states this weekend.. a BBQ preview
Sig284: Thanks. It's 55 deg. F. outside. Today's high was 62 deg. F. (11 deg. F. below normal). We do plan on huddling under the umbrella from the rain and having a BBQ on Sunday.

Stephane and Matt and other music shooters, please think about posting some shots to this thread.
Digital, film, whatever! Thanks!
Maggie: I will. Great idea for a thread. :salute:

(PS. this is a deju vu moment for me because I thought i wrote these same responses and hit "submit reply" about a half hour ago on my laptop? :confused:)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

lmr

Hi Nick...

Petai... Stinky beans eh?

Yes... I am from P.J or at least 30 odd years ago. Now I am in the States. My wife, from here, love it with Balachan & Onions or Ikan Belis. :)

Good stuff...

BTW Like those M9 shots.

Robert.

lmr

Jeff:

I agree with Lloyd... it is a powerful image.

It is interesting that the image above it... 3 Hamburger patties on a grill...

Robert.

BishopB

Jeff -- Make that three votes for a powerful portrait...excellent work.

Jono -- great series of images; as said they capture the spirit of the evening well.

Nick --nicely seen and captured.

DavidE

A few ceiling shots from my last Vegas trip. M9 and 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]