The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Lloyd: Thank you sir! (insert big smile here)
Lloyd/Steve: Thanks, gentlemen. (insert smile here) I only cropped it to allow technical comparisons between this lens and the 90 APO-Summicron f/2 ASPH (not true, but, i can say it).
M8; 90 APO-Summicron f/2; 1/90s; ISO 320ASPH

Everybody probably has their own "rules". I won't crop film (straighten a little, maybe) and won't make a color film photo into a B & W one. On the other hand, I'll do almost anything to a digital file. But, I only (99%) crop digital files to original (2x3) or 1x1. And, i won't clone anything out. Not sure why i felt the need to explain this, other then the disapprobation I received (see above), and shame that i felt when i admitted to cropping that flower photo. :ROTFL:

There is something different about Leica Flower shots...A Horse of a Different Color...So Nice!
As far as your Strict Rules To Photography, One Word..Zoloft in Large Amounts....:ROTFL::lecture::deadhorse::D:p:clap::
Steve: There is something different. ... It doesn't help.

Matt: No need for me to avert my eyes from a gorgeous photo of lovely flowers; presented beautifully. If it is good, it is good. Zis ees exzelant!!:thumbup:
Rayan: Thank you! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A little tamer image from yesterday...this one of a cookie store window reflections in Breckenridge. I had a couple of Macadamia nut cookies and they were wonderful!! eleanor
M9 75 cron
Eleanor: Nice photograph and delicious looking cookies! What's the white stuff?

We went for a drive the other day ending up at Hannagan Meadow before turning around and heading home. We spotted the barn and shed at a place called Hannagan Loop just off RT191 in the Apache National Forest. The images were all captured using a Summicron 50mm and processed using a combination of CS5, Viveza 2 and Capture One Pro.
Don: Beautiful B&W's! I'm thinking this barn is not used in the winter because it's not chinked? :salute:

On our way from Bartın to Amasra along the western Black Sea coast road, a monumental fountain uphill on the side of the road caught our attention. Locally called 'The Bird Rock', it was commissioned by the Governor-For-Life of Bithynia and Pontus, Gaius Julius Aquilla during the first century, A.D. Intermittent rain and slippery climb were no deterrents for us adventurous souls.
The Black Sea as seen from the monument:

The monument:

The weather was not suitable for picnics:
Descent of the Lady With The Red Umbrella:
Osman: Incredibly beautiful! It's not the dry, parched, place that comes to mind when I think of Turkey. The overlay of Greek, Roman, Orthodox Christian, Ottoman, and other cultures that I can't think of is a unique heritage. Amasra next? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

eleanorbrown

This is Fashion at 9600 feet and above. Breckenridge, CO. Every building on Main street is painted wonderful combinations of bright and unusual colors and the architecture is Victorian. M9 with 75 cron lens. Eleanor

eleanorbrown

Eleanor: Nice photograph and delicious looking cookies! What's the white stuff?

Matt I had to zoom to 100 percent on the file as i was curious too. It is some sort of fake "foam like" stuff that the cookies just sit on....Nothing to eat for sure!! (at least I don't think so!) eleanor

Lloyd

This is Fashion at 9600 feet and above. Breckenridge, CO. Every building on Main street is painted wonderful combinations of bright and unusual colors and the architecture is Victorian. M9 with 75 cron lens. Eleanor
Very nice. I have to admit, I get rather tired of the neutral earth tones that seem to predominate these days.

rayyan

On our way from Bartın to Amasra along the western Black Sea coast road, a monumental fountain uphill on the side of the road caught our attention. Locally called 'The Bird Rock', it was commissioned by the Governor-For-Life of Bithynia and Pontus, Gaius Julius Aquilla during the first century, A.D. Intermittent rain and slippery climb were no deterrents for us adventurous souls.
The monument:

The weather was not suitable for picnics:

Osman: Wonderful series we are having here. I like the whole set but these esp. appeal to me. I like the 'no weather for picnic ' followed by the empty tables and the detail shot of the monumnet. The BW treatment seems very approprite. :salute:

otumay

Thank you, Rayyan.Those empty picnic tables seemed haunting to me.
f1,0: Excellent shots of a place I'm very fond of.