The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

otumay

Thank you, Jono. Masterful and humorous photos from the festival, just the way I expected.
Matt, wonderful shots, especially the second one is so interesting.

Vlad

All (and the first set too) great. And some really nice subject matter too!;)
It was tougher shooting the runway than I thought. Being a complete newb, I didn't realize that the runway itself and its models were a good 3 stops brighter than the rest of the tent. Lacking the spot metering, the M9 just metered the centered avg and left most of my model shots completely blown out. Sucks! Live and learn, I guess. :eek:

m_driscoll

Round 2 of catching up.
deepdiver: Well photographed rocking chair. Great flare.
ShiroKuro: Just enough definition to allow the mind to recognize and fill in. Excellent
Tim: Really like the raspberries. Nicely focused. That slide would be the way to beat the heat.
Jono: Zebra girl's very cool. Don't want to know what the sheep were doing at the festival. Nice moment with brother's and sisters. Little scrunched on the right. Looking forward to more.
Lloyd: 103 F in SLC's nasty! Well done set of photos. Great light and color. All of the ones with Mimi of course, but aside from those, #4 is my fav. I like the contrast between the foreground and the mountains. You can sense the tree's shading and the heat of the sun. Beautiful trail. The wildflowers are also great. #1 is brilliant!
Mohammed: Doesn't look like Kuwait. Austria, again? Great color and perspective.
Vlad: The B&W jpegs are extremely good. Do you shoot them with the DNG's. The IQ of the first set's excellent. Hard to argue with anything in the second set (highlights as you noted). The framing with the "water bottle" photo's very cool.
Steve: Great IQ, pp, and composition in your bike portrait. The sunglasses are a little scary. I wouldn't mess with her on the road!
Boymerang: Terrific detail photos with the Noct. Beautiful warm tonality. My favs are the first and last. The extreme asymmetry in the first balances out well with the gradations in the background. The last photo's balances with the bokeh that just sucks you in. Not that balance is required.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Very interesting shots, Matt. I like the commonality of the green. Nice.
Lloyd: Thank you. :DIt's an old steam plant. The earlier printing press photos were taken on the ground floor. Until you commented, I didn't notice the two greens. Good eye!

...Matt, wonderful shots, especially the second one is so interesting.
Osman: Thank you, sir. :D

Jono,TR,Mohammed,Lloyd,Vlad,Matt...Outstanding Work!!! Record Book Worthy Page!
Steve: Thank you, also! :D

Every once in awhile an image (or two) from an M9 makes me jealous. Both of these qualify. Very nice color and process. :thumbup:
Tim: Thank you. :D That compliment means a lot to me, coming from you (assuming it isn't just the camera? )

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Round 2 of catching up.

Lloyd: 103 F in SLC's nasty! Well done set of photos. Great light and color. All of the ones with Mimi of course, but aside from those, #4 is my fav. I like the contrast between the foreground and the mountains. You can sense the tree's shading and the heat of the sun. Beautiful trail. The wildflowers are also great. #1 is brilliant!

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt. Yes, 103 is nasty for sure. Mercifully, we're headed back to more seasonal temps (lower 90s). Can't tell you how happy I am about that... I'd be happy with 70s for highs!