The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

I went for a hike/scramble on Sunday too, although not to escape the heat like Lloyd and Mimi: a nice path through the poplars, where there was an abundance of Western Wood Lilies, and lots of geraniums too - mostly white, although some purple like Lloyd's, and some bits of weather (showers, snow pellets, thunder) passing through from time to time, which made for some nice light when I was up higher.

These are all M8, 35 mm Summarit. I am still struggling with my processing: most of these are RPP+PS5 - I find that mostly RPP is vastly superior to ACR5, but it tends to require more PS work, after the raw conversion, naturally enough. The ridge shot is all Adobe though, as I couldn't get close with the RPP version. Colour balance is my main problem - I may have to start using my WhiBal card more, particularly for flower shots, until I get better at it.
Gorgeous set!! I especially love that last one. Thanks for sharing. :salute:
Great shots my friend
I like the last one the most
well done
Arjuna: +1, +1, nice photos! Excellent framing and general IQ. How far out of Calgary did you go? For what it's worth, IMHO, i agree and think you could improve color balance. Needs more "intensity". Have you tried Levels in PS? More clarity/vibrance/saturation/contrast in ACR5?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Not minding the intermittent rain, we started our downward hike towards the Ilıca Waterfalls, our second stop in the Küre Mountains National Park; accompanied only by the sound of rain falling on the grass, and the delicious smell of wet earth and foliage. This was an occasion where the going itself was all that mattered.
On the way, we encountered mighty trees that could crack the hardest of rocks...
Then the sky darkened and the rain intensified. The best way to find our bearing was to keep listening to the sound of the waterfalls. Then, suddenly, around a bend, we were awed by the subtle majesty of nature. Everything, sounds, smells, colors subsided and we were once more proud to be so insignificant on this wonderful planet:
Osman: Very eloquently said and photographed! I love the dark intensity and sense of discovery in the last image. The softer pp adds to this. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Wow, outstanding images from Matt and Osman on this page. Matt, what outstanding use of the 24 lux! Osman, lovely processing and wonderful captures! Love the waterfall shot!
Arjuna, love the landscape image and DOF!
Sorry, all of the recent absense and lack of posts. I just got a promotion at work that's kept me quite busy, and another distraction, as some of you know, who has also kept me more occupied.
Lovely, Matt! Love the tones and subtle colors. Pioneer Square?
Ashwin: Congratulations and Thank you. :thumbup: :D Yes, down by Pioneer Square.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Steve, Lloyd, Ashwin and Jerry: Thank you for your continuous motivation, gentlemen.
Ashwin, I'm glad to hear about that promotion:clap:

Mike Woods

Lost for words in terms of the quality you people turn out. That learning curve is looking steeper by the day :bugeyes:

Anyway, a quickie from me, called 'Blue' - Ultron 35mm:

Regards

Mike

jonoslack

Osman - your waterfall is dreamy and splendid.
Mike - your blue with the 35 is slightly nightmarish - splendid
Jerry - the chef shot is right up with your best.
Steve - my resistance to the 90 'cron is fading - lovely flower shots
C_R - the icecreams with the nocti is just wonderful
Matt - love the Lavender shots, especially the first and second
Charles - your wonderful girly black and whites are real winners.
apologies to those I've missed!
Ashwin - Lloyd - Matt, thanks for the kind words with the festival shots.

here is another of someone much cooler than me!
M9 50 'lux

shtarka1

Osman - your waterfall is dreamy and splendid.
Mike - your blue with the 35 is slightly nightmarish - splendid
Jerry - the chef shot is right up with your best.
Steve - my resistance to the 90 'cron is fading - lovely flower shots
C_R - the icecreams with the nocti is just wonderful
Matt - love the Lavender shots, especially the first and second
Charles - your wonderful girly black and whites are real winners.
Ashwin - Lloyd - Matt, thanks for the kind words with the festival shots.

here is another of someone much cooler than me!
M9 50 'lux
Jono, Uber Cool In A James Dean Fashion!

jonoslack

Steve, Lloyd, Osman
Thanks for the kind words

Not everything is cool at festivals . . . especially when you've been eating that chillie sauce:

M9, 50 'lux (it's tough to focus when you're holding your nose!)