The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

The Sequim Lavender Festival in B & W. These bring out the noir, dark, side of the Festival and the ubiquitous little people. :LOL: I can only take so many people wearing lavender. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/8; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/9,5; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Thanks to you all. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Lovely pics, Matt. I agree that lavender can overwhelm more than 1 sense, but your B&W's are lovely.

Didn't get a chance to comment before but great new beach seen from you, Daniel, as well!

ashwinrao1

A few more from the beach....

My buddies:

Lucky son of gun who lives in San Diego. M9/75 cron

My buddy, the jokster, in a rare moment of calm

Lloyd

A great set, all the way around, Ashwin. And as for that last one... an excellent vantage point, for sure.

Maggie O

My old friend, Bunn, was in my yard today, taking it easy. I kind of ruined that by taking these photos.

Bunn Takes A Nap, July, 2010

Bunn Wakes Up From A Nap, July, 2010

Battle-Tested Bunn, July, 2010

I imagine Bunn to be an elderly WWII Veteran, maybe a commando, with lots of stories to tell his many grandchildren.

Shot with the M8 and the 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit. The first two were through the screens, hence the softer look.

Lloyd

My old friend, Bunn, was in my yard today, taking it easy. I kind of ruined that by taking these photos.

I imagine Bunn to be an elderly WWII Veteran, maybe a commando, with lots of stories to tell his many grandchildren.

Shot with the M8 and the 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit. The first two were through the screens, hence the softer look.
Yes, he certainly looks battle-tested. Those ears tell the tale. Nice shots.

m_driscoll

Whew! Thanks for the relief Matt. I'm with you on that one... only so much lavender :D (BTW, very nice b/w images.) :thumbup:
...Lovely pics, Matt. I agree that lavender can overwhelm more than 1 sense, but your B&W's are lovely...
A few more from the beach....
My buddies:
Lucky son of gun who lives in San Diego. M9/75 cron
My buddy, the jokster, in a rare moment of calm
Ashwin: I lived in San diego by the airport for about 6 months. It wasn't much fun and I didn't even know there was a beach! Nice portrait! Like the tone.:thumbup:

The Kids Came Out to Play...M9 and 75 cron, mostly...
One last...our vantage point from the shore
Ashwin: Excellent series of photos! You've caught the life and color of the beach. Stellar IQ. :thumbs:

Bunn Takes A Nap, July, 2010
Bunn Wakes Up From A Nap, July, 2010

Maggie: I'm picturing Bunn jumping out of an airplane over France with a camouflage parachute. He, of course, is naturally camo'd. We have squirrels. Well done. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Im guessing (H)Air Force?!:wtf::ROTFL:! Nice Grab In This Hairy Situation!:ROTFL::deadhorse: