The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Don Libby

Haven't been here for awhile and need to go back and view several pages of work so while I do that here's a test I just finished...

Thought I'd do some testing of processing of a couple images to see how they'd turn out. I'm returning to the same area next week and this time I plan to shoot with an eye towards submitting to Arizona Highways magazine. This is close to the same area I shot the old bard and shed and feel it deserves to be shot in black and white. While I know I could switch the M9 to shoot monochrome it would nevertheless be in a Jpeg format and that's something I just can't see myself doing. The two test images were opened first in C1 Pro converted to B&W using a yellow filter then moved over to CS5 where I tweaked the sky in Raw before opening then using some final touches using Viveza 2. I thought I post these for comments.

These were both shot using a M9 and Summicron 50mm

Don

Mike Woods

Had some time off work today so I hit the streets....M8 / Nokton 50mm f1.5.
Still can't believe she never looked in my direction for the first :cry:

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mike

Lloyd

Haven't been here for awhile and need to go back and view several pages of work so while I do that here's a test I just finished...

Thought I'd do some testing of processing of a couple images to see how they'd turn out. I'm returning to the same area next week and this time I plan to shoot with an eye towards submitting to Arizona Highways magazine. This is close to the same area I shot the old bard and shed and feel it deserves to be shot in black and white. While I know I could switch the M9 to shoot monochrome it would nevertheless be in a Jpeg format and that's something I just can't see myself doing. The two test images were opened first in C1 Pro converted to B&W using a yellow filter then moved over to CS5 where I tweaked the sky in Raw before opening then using some final touches using Viveza 2. I thought I post these for comments.

These were both shot using a M9 and Summicron 50mm

Don
Nice shots, Don, and an interesting comparison. I'd love to see that first shot processed via the CS5 technique you described, and then posted next to the C1 version. That would be an interesting comparison, with no variations in subject, exposure, etc. Just my $.02 worth.

Lloyd

Had some time off work today so I hit the streets....M8 / Nokton 50mm f1.5.
Still can't believe she never looked in my direction for the first :cry:

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mike
These really are terrific, Mike. I especially like this first one (even though she never looked your way). I must say, I do admire your b/w processing. Great stuff.

esy0345

My old friend, Bunn, was in my yard today, taking it easy. I kind of ruined that by taking these photos.

Bunn Takes A Nap, July, 2010

Bunn Wakes Up From A Nap, July, 2010

Battle-Tested Bunn, July, 2010

I imagine Bunn to be an elderly WWII Veteran, maybe a commando, with lots of stories to tell his many grandchildren.

Shot with the M8 and the 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit. The first two were through the screens, hence the softer look.
Run away! Where's the Holy Hand grenade? (for Monty Python fans)