The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

After leaving the Küre Mountains National Park, we traversed these mountains to reach the Black Sea again. On our way we passed Küre, a town that existed precariously just beneath the copper concentration plant that shared the same name; its inhabitants facing higher risk of cancer due to this behemoth up above:

All that mattered seemed to be the copper ore, nothing else:

Just before we were relieved by the now-familiar serenity of the Black Sea, we had a glimpse of a late afternoon mist that made all meanings ambiguous:

(Photographed from a moving bus with an M8 and 50 'cron)
Simply Stunning Osman!

m_driscoll

It's Your World Matt, We're Just Living In It! Crazy,Awsome Talent Always!
Steve: Thank you! :D Eventually, If, I continue to take my meds, they might let me out at night! ;)

After leaving the Küre Mountains National Park, we traversed these mountains to reach the Black Sea again. On our way we passed Küre, a town that existed precariously just beneath the copper concentration plant that shared the same name; its inhabitants facing higher risk of cancer due to this behemoth up above:
The copper ore reached the plant via a cable-car system that ruled the forest-covered mountain peaks:
The view was stark and overwhelming:

All that mattered seemed to be the copper ore, nothing else:

Just before we were relieved by the now-familiar serenity of the Black Sea, we had a glimpse of a late afternoon mist that made all meanings ambiguous:

(Photographed from a moving bus with an M8 and 50 'cron)
Osman: Cool photos! The B&W well suits your description. Very nice shot from the moving bus. And, from your description, hopefully you kept moving on. :thumbs: Mining and mineral processing isn't pretty anywhere. The satellite photo on Google Maps shows what you've described. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Love this one! This whole set, and the second set as well, are terrific. Great work, Peter. :salute:
Thank You, Lloyd; it was a great evening with infectious energy!
Entire set was Great!
Peter: +1, +1, just what they said! You really did capture the "infectious energy". Great low-light work. My favs are #'s 1 & 8 in the first set and 4 & 5 in the second. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

DavidE

Hadn't touched the camera in a few weeks. I've been busy with work, and it has been too hot to spend a lot of time outdoors.

My wife asked me to take some photos of the Haflinger she has been riding, so we visited the stable yesterday. These were shot with the 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

Also shot with the 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Excellent set, Mike.

This is my favorite. I like the quirky subject matter, as well as the cluttered, but nicely balanced, composition.