The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

A few from the Vault, taken last summer with the M8

And a couple M8 wedding captures:
Ashwin: Great images! Weddings and warm beaches. Great composition, framing and pp. These three caught my eye. :thumbs:

One from early this evening, Ultron 35mm:

Regards
Mike
Mike: Nice tranquil landscape. Excellent pp. Well proportioned composition. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

eleanorbrown

Woody, the first thing I noticed was the light and shadow shapes...very visually interesting...then there are the dynamics of the people... All looking different directions yet form a cohesive whole. This is an image that will stick in my mind and give me something to think about... A visual feast...very well seen. Eleanor

Yesterday's post. M9 + 90mm Elmarit.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I was trying to figure out how to go back and comment on all the great stuff that's appeared just today. But it's late and I'm lazy. Wicked good shots. Especially like Thrice's portrait.

One from this afternoon.

otumay

Ashwin, I instantly fell in love with your shot depicting the newly-weds, hand in hand, approaching the diagonal steer grilles. I like to think it as a symbol of a threshold in life, to be crossed by comrades in life. Masterfully seen, captured and processed. Thank you for sharing.
Best

Tunnbrödsrulle, Stockholm, October, 2007
It's also the featured photo on my blog today.
WOW! A whiff of good old home....:thumbup: An excellent still life, too, with beautiful light.

And I had a very good time reading your blog entry about it!

But, I must tell you that the ONE and TRUE stuffing for a Swedish tunnbrödsrulle is onions, potaties and - surströmming!

Surströmming is fermented herring; it´s made in a similar way to sauerkraut, but it smells 10 times more.

So, after that one needs long lenses....:ROTFL:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Woody, the first thing I noticed was the light and shadow shapes...very visually interesting...then there are the dynamics of the people... All looking different directions yet form a cohesive whole. This is an image that will stick in my mind and give me something to think about... A visual feast...very well seen. Eleanor
Eleanor - thanks. The images on your website are, BTW, terrific.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
deepdiver: Very nice composition, bokeh and pp. :thumbup:

Woody: Nicely captured! Exquisite relationships between the people and the shadow. Great framing. Couldn't have been better if you "staged" it. Everybody's moving, looking, and placed in the image perfectly. :salute: Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt - Thanks. Some luck involved. I've been pushing this theme/technique in my daily work, with more or less success. See the entries for July 15, July 20 and July 25, and the entire Ecuador gallery, on my website.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Two-seater cabriolet. Like riding on air! Corners like a dream. Runs on peanuts. Advanced driving controls! Complete with safety harness.

shtarka1

Some more C-Sonnar love.

And a misfocused 90 Elmarit-M image shot from the hip, this guy was taking pictures of girls going into/out of a clothing store on his mobile phone for a good 10 minutes. My friend (the one in the first shot) went and told one of the sales assistants. There's a difference between shooting candid street shots and being a bit of a creep.

[
Very Charles Mansonish! Sonar Glow is Nice!