The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Maggie O

M8 does birds:

Grackles, May, 2010

Grackle In Flight, May, 2010

The first three are with the 90/2.5 Tele-Elmarit and the last is with the '59 Summilux 50/1.4.

m_driscoll

...These don't quite fit, but the first is some drastic play with an M8 image of the last steam locomotive to pull into the Waterville, ME repair yard back in 1954. Pure fantasy. And one more from the yard that's a bit more clinical. I'd love to get in there and shoot. Two miles of freight cars awaiting repair/repaint. Homeland security get involved though. Could be tough.
This shot shows one of the drive wheels. What it doesn't illustrate is that each of the six drive wheels is about 6 feet in diameter! Enormous amount of iron.
Tim: Trains always fit. There's something about them. They still represent simpler times when you could understand powerful noisy machines (that weren't shooting at you). HS where they're painting rail cars? That first photo looks like it's morphing into an animal. :cool:

C_R: Nice capture. It's a very good cat photo! The cat looks like it's about to pounce. Nice framing and bokeh.

Really enjoying this thread. Thanks, everyone. M8 + 75 Summicron.

John: Nice B & W. Very dynamic. You can feel her skipping up the steps.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

M9,Noct 1.0, Noct 0.95, M8.2 50 Lux asph:)
[/QUOTE]

Terrific (nay, Amazing!) set, Steve. Steve+.095 Nocti=Marriage made in Heaven!!

BTW, these... numbers 6, and 7, are excellent reminders of why parting is indeed such sweet sorrow!! :D:cool::bugeyes::bugeyes:

Maggie O

BTW, these... numbers 6, and 7, are excellent reminders of why parting is indeed such sweet sorrow!! :D:cool::bugeyes::bugeyes:
What Sir Mix-A-Lot, uh, I mean, Lloyd said! :thumbs:

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Electric Venice! :thumbup:

M2 by M8:

Yeah, I caught the Leica Bug™.
Maggie: You're here with fellow sufferers. There's no twelve step program.
Right, Brother Steve?

Carnival Barker ...
Kurt
Kurt: Nice capture. Excellent framing and B & W. I hope the dog isn't having things thrown at it!

I would row early each morning here about a kilometer across the lake to
get my breakfast. Then back to my little hut in the forest.
rayyan: Beautiful place to have breakfast and a hut. Kashmir? Nepal? :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Charles. Extremely Nice Man!

[/QUOTE]

This Guy Is Awesome!

Met Up With Ashwin Yesterday In Boston & Had A Fantastic Day Of Shooting & Getting To No This Fine Gentleman! Thanks Ashwin, It Was An Honor To Get To Know You & I Sincerely Appreciate The Use Of The 0.95! I Am Now In Big Trouble!:D
This Also Was Posted In The Other Closed Thread.[/QUOTE]
Steve: I knew the good Dr. would get you hooked! It's probably easier when you don't have one in hand, and certainly easier if you can't use one!. Kurt's far enough away, so his photos can simply be enjoyed. The next step is figuring out which lenses/bodies/cars, you don't really use. Or, you could lift that Lambo. :LOL:

Great photos!!! Great Photos!!!

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Rayyan:
Maggie: You're here with fellow sufferers. There's no twelve step program.
Right, Brother Steve?

Kurt: Nice capture. Excellent framing and B & W. I hope the dog isn't having things thrown at it!

Cheers, Matt.
Yup. What he said... on all counts. :thumbs::thumbup:

Maggie O

rayyan: Great framing and vibrant color. :thumbs:
Maggie: Good work getting BIF photos! I really like the framing and the bird coming in for a tight landing in this one.
I concur with Matt on rayyan's pix!

Thanks, Matt- I sat in a nook by the side of my house and held stock-still with the M8 up to my eye and focused on the feeder to get that shot!

rayyan

Love The Glow In The First One & The Color ,Crispness & Composition Of The 2nd, Rayyan!

Sharp Bird's With The RF! Well Done Maggie!
Steve: Thanks.
Maggie: +1. What steve says.

Rayyan: Electric Venice! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Matt: Cheers. Nepal. I am searching for the other side of the hut!

Regards.

ashwinrao1

Hi all,
Well, just 2 days after my wonderful day with Steve and his buddy Fred, I am back safe and sound in sunny Seattle! I just rolled in, after thankfully getting switched to a direct flight instead of a connector through Chicago, where the weather is apparently horrible.

First, I must say, it was a GREAT pleasure to meet up with Steve. Steve, you are truly one of the finest and kindest gentlemen that I have met anywhere, let alone the Leica community. I look forward to further photo strolls when I am next in Boston, and if you are ever up here in the Pac NW, you have a home here. Plus, we can meet up with Matt, Peter, and the rest of the group for some lively fun.

It was a privilege to share the Noct f/0.95 with such a talented photographer, and I AM WOWED by the results seen above. Just AMAZING! What a day. Next, I have to download the 600 or so shots taken during my week-long sojourn away, and I'll be posting here soon!

shtarka1

BTW, these... numbers 6, and 7, are excellent reminders of why parting is indeed such sweet sorrow!! :D:cool::bugeyes::bugeyes:[/QUOTE]

This Also Was Posted In The Other Closed Thread.[/QUOTE]
Steve: I knew the good Dr. would get you hooked! It's probably easier when you don't have one in hand, and certainly easier if you can't use one!. Kurt's far enough away, so his photos can simply be enjoyed. The next step is figuring out which lenses/bodies/cars, you don't really use. Or, you could lift that Lambo. :LOL:

Great photos!!! Great Photos!!!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com[/QUOTE]

What Sir Mix-A-Lot, uh, I mean, Lloyd said! :thumbs:
Hi all,
Well, just 2 days after my wonderful day with Steve and his buddy Fred, I am back safe and sound in sunny Seattle! I just rolled in, after thankfully getting switched to a direct flight instead of a connector through Chicago, where the weather is apparently horrible.

First, I must say, it was a GREAT pleasure to meet up with Steve. Steve, you are truly one of the finest and kindest gentlemen that I have met anywhere, let alone the Leica community. I look forward to further photo strolls when I am next in Boston, and if you are ever up here in the Pac NW, you have a home here. Plus, we can meet up with Matt, Peter, and the rest of the group for some lively fun.

It was a privilege to share the Noct f/0.95 with such a talented photographer, and I AM WOWED by the results seen above. Just AMAZING! What a day. Next, I have to download the 600 or so shots taken during my week-long sojourn away, and I'll be posting here soon!
Thank You All Very Much! I Must Say I Scoured The Internet All Day Yesterday Searching For An 0.95 & Luckily Couldn't Find One! I'm Pretty Certain That I Must Have This Lens:cry::D & Yes Im Figuring Out What Gear & Which Kidney To Get Rid Of! Anyway...Ashwin, Thanks Again! It Was A Day To Remember & We Documented It With Proof! Looking Forward To Seeing Your Photo's! Oh & Thanks For Lunch..I've Got The Next One! On A Side Note, As We Were Coming Out Of The Pub After Lunch Our Gear Packed In There Respective Bags With Lens Caps On, We Literally Almost Bumped Into Red Sox Pitcher Josh Beckett! After My Buddy Freddy Shook His Hand & He Was 15 Feet Down The Street Ashwin Whipped Out His 9 & Shot A Razor Sharp Image Of Josh Beckett's Hind Quarter's!:D

Last edited: