The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Talk about a Masterpiece! So many emotions go through my mind looking at this Wonderful Frozen Moment In Time! Your Dad was an Artist with the camera! Thanks for sharing this Gem Lloyd!
Thank you Steve. I really appreciate your comment. By the way, my mother says it was sunset on the hill by my grandfather's farm near Shrewsbury.

shtarka1

Thank you Steve. I really appreciate your comment. By the way, my mother says it was sunset on the hill by my grandfather's farm near Shrewsbury.
Not Too Far From Me Lloyd. Man...What A Shot....This Goes Right To The Very Top Of My List For All Time Favorites!

etrigan63

Been away from this side of the tracks for a while. Here's one from our trip to London/Paris this spring. Shot with my M8 and a WATE graciously loaned to me by Leica USA:

m_driscoll

One slightly OT. I've been going through my father's old slides. I found this shot, and had to share. This is my mother, holding my sister on the right, and your's truly (yep, me) on the left. Thanks for indulging my detour.

Leica IIIc, 5cm f2,0 Summitar. Kodachrome, scanned with a Nikon 4000ED:
Lloyd: Nice detour. Beautiful photo. I didn't know that you could inherit excellent photographic skills? Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Wow, Lloyd, that shot of you, your sis, and your mother from childhood is so refreshing, so startlingly good, and so modern in many ways...startlingly good. Thnaks for sharing this!

Steve, more ongoing magic from you! THat Noct is in the right hands, and wise ones at that...

Rayyan, lovely captures with emotion as well...

Lloyd

Lloyd: Nice detour. Beautiful photo. I didn't know that you could inherit excellent photographic skills? Cheers, Matt
Thanks Matt. Don't know that I did, but I'm hoping it's there somewhere. :)

Wow, Lloyd, that shot of you, your sis, and your mother from childhood is so refreshing, so startlingly good, and so modern in many ways...startlingly good. Thnaks for sharing this!
Thank you Ashwin. I had never seen this photo, and I can honestly say that I was startled myself.

DavidE

Leica IIIc, 5cm f2,0 Summitar. Kodachrome, scanned with a Nikon 4000ED:
Wow, that truly is an outstanding photo. And a technological relic, now that Kodachrome is no longer available (or officially available). I can see where you got your great eye for composition. As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

DavidE

High Art
M9, 35 'lux

and a bee with borage:

From the ridiculous to the sublime, I wonder if this is what the Leica engineers had in mind when they designed the 35 'lux for a wide range of subjects.

Thanks, Jono, for showing us what this lens can do. I'm still trying to get through 2010 without buying a lens, but this could be the one that makes me fall off the wagon.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Wow, that truly is an outstanding photo. And a technological relic, now that Kodachrome is no longer available (or officially available). I can see where you got your great eye for composition. As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
+1 from here. Very lovely shot.

Don

DavidE

You have a great eye for geometry - but whoa, makes my head spin a little ;)
You're still the master of the wide lens shot, David. These are really great!
David, you certainly have a way with seeing and conveying a sense of geometry in your images.
These Are Awesome!!!
Also, David, those ceiling shots are incredible...I love the light play. The hanging shoes shot, though makes me want this lens quite desparately...amazing work
Mr. David: Wonderful shots. Dizzying perspectives.
David, these are incredible. love the abstract lines and shapes. well seen...these are ones I wish I'd taken!! Eleanor
Thanks, Jerry, Lloyd, Kurt, Steve, Ashwin, rayyan, and Eleanor. I really appreciate the encouragement. When photographers of your caliber like my photos, it means a lot.

Here are three more with the 24 lux. The second is a color version of one I posted earlier.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Thanks, Jerry, Lloyd, Kurt, Steve, Ashwin, rayyan, and Eleanor. I really appreciate the encouragement. When photographers of your caliber like my photos, it means a lot.

Here are three more with the 24 lux. The second is a color version of one I posted earlier.

Interesting... no impressive seems more apt... how versatile that lens is. Had you posted this shot without telling us it was the 24 lux, I would have guessed a longer focal length. Nicely done.

shtarka1

I love these photos, Steve. The first is a terrific portrait in every way imaginable. The second has this wonderful movement with the sweeping curve of the sidewalk and the uplifted arms. Both have strong human interest, while being perfectly composed. Remarkable work. Bravo!
Thanks So Much David!

shtarka1

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
Brilliant Work With This Lens!!!