The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Ok, one more time. This is a followup to the shots of my parents I posted at the start of this thread. HERE. Sadly, the photos with the old Leica IIIc didn't come out. (Actually, operator error, as I didn't property load the film, and it didn't advance, resulting in a totally blank roll!). My parents came back to town, so we decided to do it again. This time the film was carefully loaded!!

Here's a shot from today with the M8, 35 Cron combo (BTW, my mother was much happier with her clothing choice this time). This is straight out of the camera, and despite the strong backlight, we have good detail.

Here is why, as captured by my wife's cellphone camera. Two of my brothers middle-left, and my brother-in-law, middle-right, all wearing white shirts, are acting as my reflectors! (Maybe it's the bald heads:D). Our wives all laughed, but it worked! Hey, you use what's available, eh?

The film results later, once I get it developed.

ashwinrao1

Thanks very much, Rayyan...

And that portrait with the M8 and skopar, Lloyd, is OUTSTANDING.Very gentle toning!

Here are a few from today's Solistice Festival in Seattle:

All taken with the M9 and 50 lux asph....it was getting lonely with all of my attention to the Noct 0.95, but I am reminded what an amazing lens it is...

rayyan

Yes, indeed. Those attributes, plus the amazing price. It's a steal! Here's a sample shot using that lens on the M8. (I may have posted this previously, so I apologize if it's redundant.)

M8, CV 35/2.5 Color Skopar:
Lloyd: Outstanding Photo. The beautiful lighting enhances an even more beautiful lady. The bw treatment brings a nostalgia back into a modern rendering.

materful photography.:thumbs:

rayyan

Ok, one more time. This is a followup to the shots of my parents I posted at the start of this thread. HERE. Sadly, the photos with the old Leica IIIc didn't come out. (Actually, operator error, as I didn't property load the film, and it didn't advance, resulting in a totally blank roll!). My parents came back to town, so we decided to do it again. This time the film was carefully loaded!!

Here's a shot from today with the M8, 35 Cron combo (BTW, my mother was much happier with her clothing choice this time). This is straight out of the camera, and despite the strong backlight, we have good detail.

Here is why, as captured by my wife's cellphone camera. Two of my brothers middle-left, and my brother-in-law, middle-right, all wearing white shirts, are acting as my reflectors! (Maybe it's the bald heads:D). Our wives all laughed, but it worked! Hey, you use what's available, eh?

Lloyd: I wish for a long and happy life for them and theirs. This photo will
be a treasure for your generations to come as it surely will be for you and your brothers.

Regards.

sjg284

While we are on the topic of pups..
My aunt brought her deaf pup over, as she doesn't like to be left at home without momma, here's a few shots.

m8 & vc35/1.4

Lloyd

Thanks very much, Rayyan...

And that portrait with the M8 and skopar, Lloyd, is OUTSTANDING.Very gentle toning!

Here are a few from today's Solistice Festival in Seattle:

All taken with the M9 and 50 lux asph....it was getting lonely with all of my attention to the Noct 0.95, but I am reminded what an amazing lens it is...
Thanks Ashwin. :salute:

Great series of images. Yes, you can limp by with that poor ol' 50 Lux ASPH. :D

Lloyd

Lloyd: Outstanding Photo. The beautiful lighting enhances an even more beautiful lady. The bw treatment brings a nostalgia back into a modern rendering.

materful photography.:thumbs:

Lloyd: I wish for a long and happy life for them and theirs. This photo will
be a treasure for your generations to come as it surely will be for you and your brothers.

Regards.
Very much appreciated, my friend. In both cases. :salute::salute:

Vlad

Thanks everyone for your kind words previously, didn't get to thank you yet.

Here's a few from today's trip to Bal Harbour. 50 Lux, open wide.

shtarka1

Lloyd, What Can I Say...Cherish This Shot! Give Em Both A Kiss For Me!
Perfect Form On # 2! How Come You Get All The Hair!:D
Yes, indeed. Those attributes, plus the amazing price. It's a steal! Here's a sample shot using that lens on the M8. (I may have posted this previously, so I apologize if it's redundant.)

M8, CV 35/2.5 Color Skopar:
Good Gracious, Your Wife Is Beautiful!

shtarka1

While we are on the topic of pups..
My aunt brought her deaf pup over, as she doesn't like to be left at home without momma, here's a few shots.

m8 & vc35/1.4

So Cute!
Thanks everyone for your kind words previously, didn't get to thank you yet.

Here's a few from today's trip to Bal Harbour. 50 Lux, open wide.

Vlad, Great Shooting & IQ!

Lloyd

Excellent shots, Lloyd and Ashwin, excellent! And I loved your reflector technique, Lloyd.
Thank you Osman. Much appreciated. I'm glad my reflectors were all there (a family wedding) and all wearing white!

Lloyd, What Can I Say...Cherish This Shot! Give Em Both A Kiss For Me!
Perfect Form On # 2! How Come You Get All The Hair!:D
We've never figured out the hair issue. Four brothers, two bald as can be, one thin, and then me. Not even thinning. And I'm the oldest.

Good Gracious, Your Wife Is Beautiful!
Thanks for that one, Steve. Mimi read it, and blushed big time! (I loved that!) I have to say, I won't argue your point. I'm a very fortunate man, on many levels!