The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Something pulled me in his direction. It was impossible to miss the greatness of this shoe-shiner's sorrow.
Then a customer approached him, only to be dismissed with a wave of his creased and stained hand. He didn't want to do anything else, but to live out his sorrow.
I felt lonely and helpless, just like him. All I could do was to capture the moment. I'm glad I did.
(M8+75'cron)
Osman: Beautiful capture and pp. Thanks for the description. You've caught that sense of loneliness very well. The desaturated pp enhances it.

Matt: ' m ' *** if you will. I wouldn't mind being a little reverential!!;)
Thanks pal.
Matt: +1 with maggie on this one. Try to show them this see how it takes,
Regards.
rayyan: You da man!

...Matt, you are the poster child for not having to upgrade from old noctilux to new noctilux. The look that that lens produces is so unique ... and you wield it so well. I also love the way you utilize shallow dof in your street images.
Simon & Garfunkle Started Out Like This! Super Series & PP Matt!
Great series Matt. I like the b/w too. Glad you were there to record the recording.
...Matt, lovely capture at Pikes Place? you are become the Pike's Place Maestro, my friend. It's a great place to "be" and to "see" in Seattle to appreciate the Pac NW, and you frame it well...
Kurt/Steve/Lloyd/Ashwin: Gentlemen, thank you. :D:)

...Matt - Like others, the last of the band shots (NO Stops tow away zone) is fab...

This is where I work when I'm at home . . . Emma does framing downstairs, and I fiddle about upstairs:

M9 28 'cron
Jono: Thank you. Beautiful color in this photo. The slightly yellow greens, and stucco, contrast well with the light blue clouds and sky. Understated. Looks like a great place to work!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Boymerang, lovely series...looks Noctilicious! The portrait of the woman is my favorite

Rayyan, I wish I saw it your way as well. I am glad I can through these images. Lovely!!!

Jaap, nice capture....I like the contrast, but am I seeing some dust....maybe my monitor, as I just sneezed....like the darkness in the sky...red filter (0.92 is red spectrum, I believe, or maybe orange)?

Jono, that shot of the house/cottage is pure idyllic magic!

Bart, whew, the tension in that shot...Another decisive moment, so to speak!

Osman, it's a privilege to share with you and everyone here. Thanks for all of the comments!

m_driscoll

and the hits just keep coming...

We discovered our oldest grandson is absolutely fascinated with gardening. He couldn't get enough of helping Mimi plant, weed, etc. He and his parents returned to New York (where they live in an apartment) on Sunday, and they've already stared a little box garden for him on their balcony.
M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH:

Lloyd: Great photos. Wonderful thing to do with him and for him to do. :thumbup:

White Hood against Black Cap
Knorp: Great capture! Made me look closely. The screen of watchers is perfect. :thumbup:

Here is a little shot from our bedroom window (just above the bath)

M9, 50 'lux
Jono: Nice framing, color and light. Which direction does it face?

Maggie: Thank you! :D Missed you first time through. :confused::banghead:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Ayesha and me have been lucky to have traveled to a lot of countries.
Which is our favorite destination...Without hesitation...Switzerland.
To us it is the people and the place. We have not found any better.
So here, for a few days, is our impression of this beautiful country.
We travel by train...the most efficient service in the world. Believe us. We are right on this one.
rayyan: Four beautiful photos of a beautiful country! The reflections and the rich, pure, intensity of the color in this one's incredible. I love the signature "rayyan" pp (a touch of it in the reflections); but, this one raises the bar again. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

ashwinrao1

And today in Seattle, it was SUNNY. Matt's got Pike's Place covered. I'll try out my local park, Gasworks Park....here ya go! M9/Noct 0.95

m_driscoll

Matt: you totally crack me up dude!
Lloyd: ??? :confused:

I pass by this fairly often, and even photographed a bride here once. I always thought it looked so quiet and peaceful. Fact is, it's right about the food court for a mall (the open area behind), and most of the time I'm there, it's ridiculously noisy! But, photography lets us create our own mood, right?
M8, 35 Cron:
Lloyd: It has a meditative, church-like quality. Well done. The photographer did transform the place.

M8. TE 135 092 filter
Jaap: Well seen and framed. Very interesting lighthouse form. Nice pairing with the women at the base.

Steve: Very evoctive after those tai chi images at the same spot. No fun getting old. Well captured. :salute:

Some randoms from my trip in Wellington. All with M8u/Noct f1

Boymerang: Great set of images. I'm esp. drawn to these two. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

And today in Seattle, it was SUNNY. Matt's got Pike's Place covered. I'll try out my local park, Gasworks Park....here ya go!
Terrific stuff (what's new?;)) This and the one above, Ashwin.

BTW, I've been trying out the B/W technique, but can't quite get the split toning right. I'll keep at it. Thanks again.

ashwinrao1

Yeah, the split toning can be tricky. If in doubt, I pick an obvious yellow for highlights, and drop the saturation down to 10-15%, then add a smigdge of subtle blue, low sat as well, to the shadows. The key is to slightly underexpose the initial image, I think, and then bring up the shadows with fill light as well....I am still playing around with it a bit....

Thanks, Lloyd!!!

otumay

This thread is vibrating with talent, sensitive insight, great respect and friendship! I check here in the morning and find stunning posts, too numerous to mention individually. And this goes on and on...
Who said Internet makes us lonely?
Thank you gentlemen for your kindness and sharing.