The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, really appreciate the welcome here. Feel desperately out of my depth amongst you great shooters here, but I'm loving this camera already so I'll share one more tonight:

Regards

Mike
Good one. Nice tones. I think you'll find you fit right in... once again, welcome. :salute:

Maggie O

A few more from last night:

Out In The Street, July 3, 2010

Sparklers In The Street, July 3, 2010

Rocket Launch, July 3, 2010

Fire In The Street, July 3, 2010

Bottle Rocket, July 3, 2010

m_driscoll

Some shots from last night, via M8 and 35/1.4 Nokton Classic.
The Fireworks Next Door, July 3, 2010
Maggie: I know, you're ahead of us, but, a day? :LOL: Nice captures. Getting everybody in the mood for tonight.

Smoke bomb in the Cul-de-Sac. M9 and 75lux.
Kurt
Kurt: This is a wonderful photo! Great DOF and PP. :thumbup:

...Matt, another excellent "___*__ @ Public Market shot". (oh btw, for the cathedrals, why don't you try a couple extra centuries?)
-insert appropriate smileys / "too many images in the message" -...
Like the simplicity in this one, Matt.
Corlan: Thank you! :D I don't understand why the French don't celebrate our 4th of July. They helped us in the beginning, and we returned the favor a couple of times in the last century.

I follow this forum every day, but today is my first post here (usually frequent the 4/3rds forum) following receipt of my used M8 earlier this week :D
From this afternoon, M8 and 35mm Ultron for the first, 50mm Nokton 50mm f1.5 for the second:
Topman...RegardsMike
Mike: Nice images: these two and the last that you posted. :thumbup:

Matt, this one really does it for me....something magical in this image!!!
Ashwin: Thank you! A special compliment coming from you. :D

"Magical" seems an apt description. Nicely done Matt.
Lloyd: Thank you sir! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Wow, all of these beautiful images has motivated me to process and post a few from the Noct f/0.95 & M9 combo:

m_driscoll

Sig/Mark: Nice posts. :thumbs:

It was tough for me to pull the contrast back as you know i am a contrast ___!:D Thanks Matt!
Steve: I know, which made your artistic choice remarkable.;)

Woody,SJG,Mark,Matt...Fine Work!!!
+1 to what Steve said.
Matt, thank you!
Steve/Osman: Thank you, gentlemen. :D

m8.2, 50 Lux asph:)
Steve: Nice captures! #1 -color and that look up, subject isolation strengthens the portrait; #2 - PP, contrast between the people, and there's that bit of skirt swirl; #3 -excellent grab, something for the national archives for future scholars to study. Though, #1's the one. :thumbs: :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

No flags, bunting, or fireworks, but lot's of people were out and about two days ago. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.
Very nice. Matt. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but that 90/2.8 just flat works on the M9. You've posted a number of image with it that just have a certain 'it' look. When you decided you'd rather keep just the 90 Cron. Let me know. :D (Truth is, it's probably just you. Yes, the more likely explanation.:thumbup:)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This dog looks like I feel. It was hot here today (at least, hot for this part of the country) and between the heat the cheer and the food, I can barely move.