The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

panda81

Change of pace here in Colorado...Snake River, Keystone, CO. Taken early evening with low sun reflections on water. I'm finding that the M9 can be a wonderful tool to record moving water. I actually put the thing on a tripod...first time!! M9 75 cron asph. Eleanor

such beautiful abstracts, eleanor! almost looks like a watercolor painting. it looks so peaceful, i love these :)

you know, i also live in houston. i immediately recognized the photos of the buildings you took in greenway plaza (posted a few pages ago). maybe you can come teach me how to become a world-class photographer ;)

panda81

is anyone tired of photos of my family yet? (it's ok if the answer is yes, i understand :) ) but here are some more anyway....

m9 with leica 50mm summilux asph.

Lloyd

Woody: Great series. Nice to see you post here... love your work.

Steve: You're rockin' da house, Brotha!

Osman: Excellent patience, and worth the wait. Nicely done.

Stef: Really nice work on those concert shots. The reprocessing was worth the effort.

Kurt: Americana 2010. Great catch.

Bishop: That latte looks good enough to drink!!

SJG: Nice backstage catch.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. I can say I definitely enjoyed all the posts here today.

ashwinrao1

Movin'

Shakin'

Glidin'

And the inevitable throwdown....

Nasty! And totally awesome...I sent them the pics...

By the way, all taken with the M9 and 50 'lux pre-asph e46.

m_driscoll

Suddenly, it's Summer! These were taken today, earlier then Ashwin's, at the Wooden Boat Center on the opposite end of the Lake from the Gasworks Park. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/1000s @ f/8; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/9.5; ISO 160

4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

5. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; ISO 160

6. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/1000s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A few from Gasworks Park in Seattle, today...beautiful sunset. Cool breakdancing and cappoiera moves:
Movin'
And the inevitable throwdown....

Nasty! And totally awesome...I sent them the pics...
By the way, all taken with the M9 and 50 'lux pre-asph e46.
And a couple more, also with the 50 summilux pre-asph...Quite a dandy lens, no!?!
Ashwin: Nicely done, my man! Dynamic captures and PP suiting the action and the setting. Beautiful timing with the light. :thumbs::thumbup::salute:

Cheers, Matt.

otumay

Ashwin, your last posts blew me away! Wow! Never the mind the lens, it's always the photographer:lecture:

m_driscoll

Recent capture of my son (wow, still not used to that term!!) who loves to observe the world around him...
Jerry: Great photo. PP and light work well. Enjoy!

More of those market shots I really llike Matt. The color in these is outstanding! eleanor
Eleanor: Thanks you very much! :D

Change of pace here in Colorado...Snake River, Keystone, CO. Taken early evening with low sun reflections on water. I'm finding that the M9 can be a wonderful tool to record moving water. I actually put the thing on a tripod...first time!! M9 75 cron asph. Eleanor
Eleanor: These are really nice. The colors and motion blur are really beautiful. :thumbup:

Sometimes patience pays off, sometimes doesn't: I waited for long minutes on a humid and hot afternoon for the passing crowd to thin around this pretzel-vendor-with-an-attitude, praying that he won't spot me. When the moment came, he saw me but didn't flinch. Very charismatic of him, I thought.
M8 and MATE.
Osman: The hard line between dark and light on the right is perfect. It, and the tree shadow, frames the vendor, gives a sense of the crowd, and focus the eye to the colored area. Worth waiting for. Well seen and crafted photo. :salute:

Some live shots taken with the M8 in 2008 ; I took a second look and interpretation with Aperture 3.0.
I had a strange feeling : picture seemed more vibrant , there is a I dont know what I miss on the M9...really strange. is the M8 better than the M9 ? Or is the M8+old leica glass (I'm talking about a 4th 50 cron, a 90 apo cron ) is a better combination ?:confused:
Or maybe I just can't get the most of my M9 files !!
Keziah Jones :

Afro Beat : Femi Kuti

All taken at Iso640 with 50 cron at F/2
Stefane: These are very cool. I can see what you're talking about, though. I think they're "softer" in the focused areas then you'd get with an M9 and the newest glass. The M9 isn't as forgiving with some , and overachieves with other lenses. I can't believe, i'm saying it, but , it's almost too good. Now, I'm going to have to look at some of my M8 photos.

BTW, your M9 photos always look like you're getting the most out of them!

Cheers, Matt.