The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rayyan

I went to a retirement party this evening - here are a couple of shots with the M9 and the 35 'lux that I liked . . . . they aren't perhaps so suitable for the website

Jono: Marvellous.:thumbup:

Something from the M8 and 75/2 Cron Asph, captured in the village of Chivirico, Cuba.

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff: This is magnificent. Truly beautiful. :salute:

Marketing techniques continue to evolve: Not only they offer you suits, they carry complete outfit solutions as well. No need to ponder over the diabolical problem of choosing the right tie or shirt, it is all provided for for their esteemed customers...:clap:
M8 with MATE.

Osnam: What a lovely find! Wonderful to see this.:salute:

rayyan

is anyone tired of photos of my family yet? (it's ok if the answer is yes, i understand :) ) but here are some more anyway....

m9 with leica 50mm summilux asph.

panda81: Beautiful mother and child.

Sorry for the re-up, but I was really satisfied with the results of Silver Efex, couldn't resist : )

Mark: Wonderful. Very well converted to BW sir.

Movin'

Shakin'

Glidin'

And the inevitable throwdown....

Nasty! And totally awesome...I sent them the pics...

By the way, all taken with the M9 and 50 'lux pre-asph e46.
Ashwin: Between yourself and Matt, we have a marvelous insight into Seattle happenings. Wonderful captures.

rayyan

Suddenly, it's Summer! These were taken today, earlier then Ashwin's, at the Wooden Boat Center on the opposite end of the Lake from the Gasworks Park. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/1000s @ f/8; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/9.5; ISO 160

4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

5. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; ISO 160

6. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/1000s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: This pure magic. You amigo are a tough act to follow!:salute:

rayyan

Steve: Take me to wonderland friend. Where the magic is strong and masters

conjure up a brew for us to taste. Excellent in every sense of the word.:salute:

A fourth of July party given by a cellist friend featured an informal recital by her newest pupil. We were still in our "June gloom," so there wasn't much light.

And a pianist friend asked me if I'd take her portrait for an upcoming program. A combination of window and incandescent lighting did the job.

Both with M8, ISO 640, 50 Summicron, f/2.8-ish

--Peter
Peter: I can think of one thing only. Elegance. In the subjects and the capture. Beautiful.:thumbs:

rayyan

Three or four years ago, when I was on the road, Mimi went for a "little" weekend ride with some friends (just 104 miles through the mountains... rain, snow and wind for their trouble). Of course, she had a blast.

They took a little side trip into a canyon which is home to a "ghost town", a mining town which produced more than $13,000,000 of silver from 1870 to 1900. She told me about it, and had mentioned several times since that she thought I would find it interesting.

Monday was a holiday here, and when plans with friends fell through, she suggested we visit the place, and then do a ride on roads in an area I had never experienced.

Turns out that it's not really a "ghost town". The large mines closed long ago, but small scale mining operations continue, and the town was never completely abandoned, and there are still a dozen or so full-time residents, together with some summer homes. There remains a lot of evidence of its former glory, and I was able to capture a little. I hope to get back there to photograph more in the near future.

Abandoned ore dump:

Ore car and rusting boiler:

Steam powered ore car winch:

All with the M8, 35 Cron ASPH combo.
Lloyd: Such are the towns of which the country is made of. The town might have down scaled but the spirit lives on. And there are the few like you who capture this piece of history for all to remember.

Lovely use of the 35 cron. Lovely documentation. Lovely captures.:salute:

Lloyd

Lloyd: Such are the towns of which the country is made of. The town might have down scaled but the spirit lives on. And there are the few like you who capture this piece of history for all to remember.

Lovely use of the 35 cron. Lovely documentation. Lovely captures.:salute:
Coming from the master documenter/presenter of fascinating places, I'm honored. :salute:

rayyan

Some more images from the Lake Union Wooden Boat center. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; ISO 160

Matt: While all of this set are superb, I particularly like this one for its framing, comp, color and bg. This is brilliant work Matt.:salute:

Studies in red. M8 with 35'cron.

Osman: Awesome. I can imagine the work it must have taken to accumulate this ' red ' set. I commend you for your diligence and super execution.:salute:

rayyan

Cheap Wide Angle..

:)
Steve: There is nothing ' cheap ' here. Can I have a few of those pls.:D

2 from this afternoon, walking home

Connected

Color
Steve ( sjg284 :D) These are beauiful. Capture and presentation.:thumbup:

A view from up the street. Cheers, Matt

M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/2000s @ f/4; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Matt: The 90/2.8 is shining with you my friend. This is arresting and has lovely IQ.:thumbs: