The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

eleanorbrown

While these are not technically great, they were taken with my M9 and 75 cron lens in our backyard today. What birdfeeders the bear didn't take down, we took down after the bear left. Too risky to keep them up. This was a good sized bear......eleanor

Lloyd

While these are not technically great, they were taken with my M9 and 75 cron lens in our backyard today. What birdfeeders the bear didn't take down, we took down after the bear left. Too risky to keep them up. This was a good sized bear......eleanor
Very kewl shots Eleanor! And a good idea to take down the bird feeders! :eek:

m_driscoll

+1 for sure. Truly.
Lloyd: Thank you sir! (insert big smile here)
Damnation!! What the #*&! is a crop doing here? :angry: Impressing the heck outta me, that's what. :thumbup:
Matt, the detail is so Sharp & Crisp & the color is Vivacious..But, I am Highly offended by the Crop!:D:ROTFL::LOL:
Lloyd/Steve: Thanks, gentlemen. (insert smile here) I only cropped it to allow technical comparisons between this lens and the 90 APO-Summicron f/2 ASPH (not true, but, i can say it).

M8; 90 APO-Summicron f/2; 1/90s; ISO 320ASPH

Everybody probably has their own "rules". I won't crop film (straighten a little, maybe) and won't make a color film photo into a B & W one. On the other hand, I'll do almost anything to a digital file. But, I only (99%) crop digital files to original (2x3) or 1x1. And, i won't clone anything out. Not sure why i felt the need to explain this, other then the disapprobation I received (see above), and shame that i felt when i admitted to cropping that flower photo. :ROTFL:

Happiness Is...

M8.2, 50 Lux asph:)
Steve: Terrific moment captured! This just makes me smile. Very Leicaesque pp. (insert thumbs-up here)

Eleanor: You're not supposed to put up bear-feeders! (insert LOL here)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

And to think we panic at a skunk sighting in our back yard! Wow!

shtarka1

Lloyd: Thank you sir! (insert big smile here)

Lloyd/Steve: Thanks, gentlemen. (insert smile here) I only cropped it to allow technical comparisons between this lens and the 90 APO-Summicron f/2 ASPH (not true, but, i can say it).

M8; 90 APO-Summicron f/2; 1/90s; ISO 320ASPH

Everybody probably has their own "rules". I won't crop film (straighten a little, maybe) and won't make a color film photo into a B & W one. On the other hand, I'll do almost anything to a digital file. But, I only (99%) crop digital files to original (2x3) or 1x1. And, i won't clone anything out. Not sure why i felt the need to explain this, other then the disapprobation I received (see above), and shame that i felt when i admitted to cropping that flower photo. :ROTFL:

There is something different about Leica Flower shots...A Horse of a Different Color...So Nice!
As far as your Strict Rules To Photography, One Word..Zoloft in Large Amounts....:ROTFL::lecture::deadhorse::D:p:clap::

rayyan

Sculpture spotting at an Atlanta art gallery tonight - couldn't resist adding some grain to supplement the dark/twisted mood of this piece.
Matt: Super shot.

Been quite busy these few weeks sifting through nearly 2,000 photos shot during a week-long trip to the Western Black Sea region. The Eastern part up to the Georgian border with its lush green and seemingly endless tea plantations is much more popular, so I decided to take roads less traveled. I had to plan my lens setup beforehand and ended up with 21 Elmarit, 28 and 50'cron with M8, which proved to be a decision.

I shall try to post some shots in chronological order. We start with Devrek, a town famous for its hand-carved walking sticks of all things. And what do we see in the central square? A monument to the craft.

Then we travel north to Bartın, an historical town with a lively market. As expected, intermittent rain accompanied us throughout the whole trip, wetting the camera and causing thumbs-up to corrode:cry:

Osman: A traveler's series.:thumbs: The marketplace is gorgeous. Framing,
angle of view, the surrounds and the vibrant color. Excellent.:thumbs:

The building shots pulsates with color.:thumbs:

rayyan

This is an extreme crop of a photo that I posted earlier. Avert your eyes if a crop is offensive. :LOL: Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/750s @ f/3.4; +1 EV; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: No need for me to avert my eyes from a gorgeous photo of lovely flowers; presented beautifully. If it is good, it is good. Zis ees exzelant!!:thumbup:

eleanorbrown

A little tamer image from yesterday...this one of a cookie store window reflections in Breckenridge. I had a couple of Macadamia nut cookies and they were wonderful!! eleanor
M9 75 cron

Don Libby

We went for a drive the other day ending up at Hannagan Meadow before turning around and heading home. We spotted the barn and shed at a place called Hannagan Loop just off RT191 in the Apache National Forest. The images were all captured using a Summicron 50mm and processed using a combination of CS5, Viveza 2 and Capture One Pro.