The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rayyan

We went for a drive the other day ending up at Hannagan Meadow before turning around and heading home. We spotted the barn and shed at a place called Hannagan Loop just off RT191 in the Apache National Forest. The images were all captured using a Summicron 50mm and processed using a combination of CS5, Viveza 2 and Capture One Pro.
Don: Lovely BW. I like the texture of the log cabin and the stacked up logs. Beautifully converted. Lovely turn you took on your way!:thumbup:

shtarka1

We went for a drive the other day ending up at Hannagan Meadow before turning around and heading home. We spotted the barn and shed at a place called Hannagan Loop just off RT191 in the Apache National Forest. The images were all captured using a Summicron 50mm and processed using a combination of CS5, Viveza 2 and Capture One Pro.
Very nice tone & contrast Don! Beautiful part of the country & wonderful photo OP!

eleanorbrown

Very nice Don! How did you do the B&W conversions...C1 or Photoshop?? Also just curious, how much are you using your Phase back compared to your M9 these days???

Honey in Feeders??? .....uhhhhhh, no more feeders :-( ..period. Only problem, neighbors do put up feeders too, so they are somewhat common around here...if folks leave their trash out over night for morning pick up, bears will get the trash too. Happened to our neighbor across our dead end court. Trash was everywhere (last summer)..eleanor

otumay

On our way from Bartın to Amasra along the western Black Sea coast road, a monumental fountain uphill on the side of the road caught our attention. Locally called 'The Bird Rock', it was commissioned by the Governor-For-Life of Bithynia and Pontus, Gaius Julius Aquilla during the first century, A.D. Intermittent rain and slippery climb were no deterrents for us adventurous souls.

The Black Sea as seen from the monument:

The monument:

The weather was not suitable for picnics:

Descent of the Lady With The Red Umbrella:

Don Libby

Very nice Don! How did you do the B&W conversions...C1 or Photoshop?? Also just curious, how much are you using your Phase back compared to your M9 these days???

Honey in Feeders??? .....uhhhhhh, no more feeders :-( ..period. Only problem, neighbors do put up feeders too, so they are somewhat common around here...if folks leave their trash out over night for morning pick up, bears will get the trash too. Happened to our neighbor across our dead end court. Trash was everywhere (last summer)..eleanor
Eleanor, thanks for the kind words and for asking, the conversion was done in C1 then worked in CS5 and Viveza 2. (So far Viveza 2 is the only software Nik has that is 64bit.)

I'm using the M9 more than the Cambo/P45+ however that'll change in October as we're spending the month at Jackson Hole WY. We'll also be in Farmington NM in December to shoot Tsé Bitʼaʼí (Shiprock) hopefully during a snow storm.

I also currently waiting for a new 135mm to come in.

Don

Lloyd

On our way from Bartın to Amasra along the western Black Sea coast road, a monumental fountain uphill on the side of the road caught our attention. Locally called 'The Bird Rock', it was commissioned by the Governor-For-Life of Bithynia and Pontus, Gaius Julius Aquilla during the first century, A.D. Intermittent rain and slippery climb were no deterrents for us adventurous souls.

The Black Sea as seen from the monument:

The monument:

The weather was not suitable for picnics:

Descent of the Lady With The Red Umbrella:
Glad you went to the trouble, and I appreciated you sharing these with us, my friend. That monument is fascinating.

f 10

thanks Lloyd,

I was 18 days in France, in Brittany.
All have been photographed there

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Don I have found myself quite seduced by the portability, compactness and stealthiness of the M9 and the tiny lenses that are so incredibly sharp. eleanor

Eleanor, thanks for the kind words and for asking, the conversion was done in C1 then worked in CS5 and Viveza 2. (So far Viveza 2 is the only software Nik has that is 64bit.)

I'm using the M9 more than the Cambo/P45+ however that'll change in October as we're spending the month at Jackson Hole WY. We'll also be in Farmington NM in December to shoot Tsé Bitʼaʼí (Shiprock) hopefully during a snow storm.

I also currently waiting for a new 135mm to come in.

Don