The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rayyan

South from Edinburgh; Euston station, London:

Why? What? I have no clue. We were catching a train for Manchester.

m_driscoll

Eleanor: Very colorful Breckenridge photos. We thought they might be spun sugar with the cookies.
Lloyd: I've found that if more then 1-2 people are involved in color selection for projects, the colors end up brown, light brown, tan, and cream! :)
Osman: I looked at a map!
Rayyan: It's winter again. Nice framing of the reflection. :thumbup:
f1,0: Great photos of Mont-Saint-Michel! The mist photos are wonderful. Cool panorama! Hard to get it big enough to view on my laptop.
Rayyan: Not true. Your photos are very colorful and full of life (current and ancient). We rode on the top of one of those buses in Edinburgh. Great fun; alas, I only had a Canon Powershot (the dark days). Nice detail and grafftiti photos. The "lock and the writing" photo's neat. Posters, pedestrians, signs, and transformer boxes. You're going "street" on us. Great images. Livingstone and starbuck's. :thumbup:
Mohammed: Beautiful landscape from Austria.
Mike: Nice work. I like the pp in the two B&W's. The light on the rock's well captured.
Rayyan: Excellent bridges. The texture and pp in the stone bridge's very nice. Nice storefronts. I have a collection of English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish pub signs and fronts. Shopfront are very interesting.
Osman: Cool photos of a very interesting town!
Mike: More excellent photos. A very diverse mix.
Rayyan: Again, the texture and color in your Scottish photos' excellent. I love the variation of color in the stone. Well seen. Maybe Jono know's what they're doing. Especially that one bonehead. :LOL: Good eye capturing the two phone booths and the two lights. Do they still have phones in them?
Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

It's been a few too many days since I stopped by. Pages of inspiring images. Mike Woods, you have been quite prolific. Great stuff. To all of the usual suspects (Lloyd, Steve, Matt, Osman, Rayyan, f,1.0, Eleanor), outstanding work from you all!!!!

I just acquired a 24 summilux, having had to sadly give up my 50 lux asph to get it (figured, I got the Noct f0.95, so I'd be okay...hahah), and I must say, I AM AMAZING. What a lens! Here are a few from the top of Seattle's Space Needle, taken with the 24 'lux asph on the M9:

And here are 3 from the 50 lux pre-asph...not a shabby lens either:

GlennB

I just acquired a 24 summilux, having had to sadly give up my 50 lux asph to get it (figured, I got the Noct f0.95, so I'd be okay...hahah), and I must say, I AM AMAZING. What a lens! Here are a few from the top of Seattle's Space Needle, taken with the 24 'lux asph on the M9:
Ashwin, yes I think most of us would agree, you ARE amazing ! :D

Truthfully, You and many others posting photos here make my day better, and this is the one thread I try to look at every day if not a couple times a day.

Also, I'm working on getting a 24mm Lux, and I want to thank you and the others here who include equipment info notes with their posts. I know it's not the gear that make the photos great, It's the photographer, but some of us might be in lens acquisition mode, or just dreaming about a new piece of glass, and your data helps us narrow the selection down.

Another thing lens data posted with photos helps me with; when I see what others are producing with a lens that I already have, it inspires me to get out and shoot more with that lens, maybe in a way I haven't previously.

Anyway, back to lurk mode :)

Glenn

jonoslack

Oh Glenn! you got there 5 minutes before me :ROTFL:

Ashwin - congratulations on the new lens, I'd love one too, but I'd find it hard to get rid of my lovely 50 'lux.

Great shots - and from Ray, Osman, and of Course Mike with his new M9 :clap::clap: and welcome.

Now then (since you asked) back to work!

eleanorbrown

Ashwin,wonderful work and very well seen...color is impressive. Speaking of the 50 lux, I take delivery of one today.....after months of checking B and H site several times daily I finally caught one in stock....they had only one I think! Eleanor

It's been a few too many days since I stopped by. Pages of inspiring images. Mike Woods, you have been quite prolific. Great stuff. To all of the usual suspects (Lloyd, Steve, Matt, Osman, Rayyan, f,1.0, Eleanor), outstanding work from you all!!!!

I just acquired a 24 summilux, having had to sadly give up my 50 lux asph to get it (figured, I got the Noct f0.95, so I'd be okay...hahah), and I must say, I AM AMAZING. What a lens! Here are a few from the top of Seattle's Space Needle, taken with the 24 'lux asph on the

shtarka1

Finally, Amasra: Incessant rain, a warm breeze, beautiful smell of seawater accompanied by the gentle sound of waves and an occasional triumphant call of a seagull. A town with a curious geography; small bays on each side, and an historical bridge separating the town from the Genoese district. Too many ghosts from earlier centuries. I'm under a spell, cannot concentrate and shoot. I sit down down, calm myself, grab my wet M8 and start exploring. Is this a dream?

Osman, i hope to visit your wonderful part of the world some day! You have portrayed a beautiful place!!! Love the B&W!

ashwinrao1

hahah...certainly. I will be back in Boston around that time, Steve. The 24 'lux is outstanding, better than I had anticipated for my particular style of photography. I think you'd love it. It opens up creative windows in Leica photography that have never been there...the angle of view is more dramatic than 28, and noticeably different than 35, and actually it pairs well with a 50 and 90, so it's worth a shot a some point.

Hope all's well!

Mike Woods

Thanks to you all for your kind comments and warm welcome. You are a great bunch, and it's a pleasure to post here (having literally lurked for months!).

Great shots - and from Ray, Osman, and of Course Mike with his new M9 :clap::clap: and welcome.

Now then (since you asked) back to work!
Jono, I wish it was an M9 - just a lowly M8 I'm afraid. But actually, I really love it after only a few days.

Best to you all - keep inspiring me :clap:

Mike

rayyan

Rayyan: It's winter again. Nice framing of the reflection. :thumbup:

Rayyan: Not true. Your photos are very colorful and full of life (current and ancient). We rode on the top of one of those buses in Edinburgh. Great fun; alas, I only had a Canon Powershot (the dark days). Nice detail and grafftiti photos. The "lock and the writing" photo's neat. Posters, pedestrians, signs, and transformer boxes. You're going "street" on us. Great images. Livingstone and starbuck's. :thumbup:

Rayyan: Excellent bridges. The texture and pp in the stone bridge's very nice. Nice storefronts. I have a collection of English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish pub signs and fronts. Shopfront are very interesting.

Rayyan: Again, the texture and color in your Scottish photos' excellent. I love the variation of color in the stone. Well seen. Maybe Jono know's what they're doing. Especially that one bonehead. :LOL: Good eye capturing the two phone booths and the two lights. Do they still have phones in them?
Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Gracious as ever sir. Thank you. Yes they still had phones in there!

And here are 3 from the 50 lux pre-asph...not a shabby lens either:
Ashwin: Cograts on the new lens. Yes you are amazing!:D And so are the captures from the new and the ' not a shabby ' lens.

Lovely framing color & architecture my Friend!
Steve: Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Lloyd

Truthfully, You and many others posting photos here make my day better, and this is the one thread I try to look at every day if not a couple times a day.

[snip]

Glenn
Yup, you're amazing, Ashwin. And so are those image with the new lens. Great stuff, and congratulations.

rayyan

We had seen the majesty of the Everest. We had traversed the Annapurna range.

We had visited the gracious people, went inside their homes. We had met
fellow travelers along the way from distant lands.

As is often the case, the beauty from afar seems to overwhelm the courage
of those that live and work in the foothills.

The everyday grind, the sunrise to sunset toil, the aspirations of the parents
as well as the dreams of the children are also worth recording.

Without patronizing, without further comments here then is the other view:

panda81

goodness, i missed visiting this thread for a few days, and it's been loaded with tons of new extraordinary photos! steve, osuman, rayyan, ashwin, f1.9, etc...sorry if i missed naming you, there are way too many great ones here :)

ashwin, congrats on the new 24 lux! that lens really intrigues me, but i have one question regarding the minimum focusing distance. i really like using wide angle lenses for shooting people at close distances. do you feel the mfd of the 24lux would be inhibiting to that shooting style? if you shot near the mfd, how much of a person's body would you be able to capture? maybe from waist up? more or less?

thanks!

jonoslack

Jono, I wish it was an M9 - just a lowly M8 I'm afraid. But actually, I really love it after only a few days.

Best to you all - keep inspiring me :clap:

Mike
Hi Mike
Typo I'm afraid, I know what you've got, but after I've typed that M . . . then the 9 follows too naturally!

Glad you're loving it though - I loved mine for 2 years before the M9 turned up. The difference really isn't that big, and what you lose at the wide end you certainly gain at the long end!

all the best