The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Beautiful captures, Rayyan! Stealth and a keen eye does it...
+1 from me Rayyan. Everyday life, and it's essentials... beautifully captured. I found the uniformed officer by the fish vendor interesting. When I was younger, and living in Boston, I would have thought he was looking for some free donuts. :D Maybe in this setting its a fish that does the job. ;)
We all do the same thing & strive for the same goals, just different appearances & geographical locations. Fine job of showing our global interconnectedness Rayyan!:salute:
Rayyan: +1, +1, +1. Exactly what Osman, Lloyd, and Steve said! Nice cloud of smoke and perspective in the first. The policeman's probably supervising the weighing? Well photographed slice of life. :salute:

Just as Steve says, Matt. Beautiful set.
Lloyd: Thank you. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Great set Jerry. (even with that film shot included. :D) Love that first one especially.
Dammit people, if you keep posting more of these technically excellent and aesthetically pleasing M9 photos, you're going to force me to do something rash!! Like, sell a bunch of cameras and guitars and buy an M9! Wow, y'all's work is really spectacular!!!!
Maggie: don't do anything rash. You do very well with your quiver of Leicas! :thumbup:

More wonderful images, Rayyan. That first one is special, in my eyes. Harsh lives, no doubt, but worthy of recognition. :salute:
Rayyan, Their faces tell the whole story. You've shown us another part of world that struggles & perserveres. Excellent P.J.!
David...You Are The Man, Hands Down On Architecture!!!
Rayyan/David: +1,+1 :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

After Amasra, a totally different world awaited us: We traveled to the Küre Mountains National Park, one of the largest of its kind in this country. Our first stop was the Valla Canyon, a 1200-meter deep scar right on the Northern Anatolian Fault. The view was breathtaking, so was the descent and the climb.
Our group of 24 suffered a few small falls and injuries, but nobody complained.
The descent starts:
The view from the top:

Anybody know what this is?
A picturesque bridge on the way back:
Osman....Gorgeous Shooting!!!
Osman: +1. Just as Steve said. Your beautiful country's landscape is a lot more diverse then I'd ever imagined from my perch, 9,700 km away. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Beautiful captures, Rayyan! Stealth and a keen eye does it...
+1 from me Rayyan. Everyday life, and it's essentials... beautifully captured. I found the uniformed officer by the fish vendor interesting. When I was younger, and living in Boston, I would have thought he was looking for some free donuts. :D Maybe in this setting its a fish that does the job. ;)
We all do the same thing & strive for the same goals, just different appearances & geographical locations. Fine job of showing our global interconnectedness Rayyan!:salute:
More wonderful images, Rayyan. That first one is special, in my eyes. Harsh lives, no doubt, but worthy of recognition. :salute:
Rayyan, Their faces tell the whole story. You've shown us another part of world that struggles & perserveres. Excellent P.J.!
Rayyan: +1, +1, +1. Exactly what Osman, Lloyd, and Steve said! Nice cloud of smoke and perspective in the first. The policeman's probably supervising the weighing? Well photographed slice of life. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Osman, Lloyd, Steve, Matt: Thank you all very much. I remember when I was taking the photos that I realized I would return home shortly whereas they would continue their harsh lives.

I still feel the harshness of that environment.

Thank you folks.

rayyan

Lake Union Boat Center. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; ISO 160

Matt: I like the color ones in this set. I like the blue/cyan, yacht combination.
The second one is one of sheer enjoyment. :thumbs:

Balloons and hats. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 50mm f/1; 1/1500s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1; 1/4000s @ f/2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Matt: Excellent find. Color. Environment. The feel of the place. You have captured them brilliantly and colorfully. :thumbs:

rayyan

After Amasra, a totally different world awaited us: We traveled to the Küre Mountains National Park, one of the largest of its kind in this country. Our first stop was the Valla Canyon, a 1200-meter deep scar right on the Northern Anatolian Fault. The view was breathtaking, so was the descent and the climb.

Our group of 24 suffered a few small falls and injuries, but nobody complained.

The descent starts:

The view from the top:

Anybody know what this is?

A picturesque bridge on the way back:

Osman: Beautiful Country. Your photography has done it justice. The ' Descent starts ' coveys that perfectly.

' What's this '? Please tell us. But it has been photographed wonderfully sharp.

The bridge is simple gorgeous. That is my pick of this beautiful set.:thumbs:

otumay

Thank you, Rayyan. I sincerely do not know what that plant is. And to think that I once got an A+ in biology...
Matt, that shot with colorful hats is wonderful, just the way I like it. (This was a song from my days, I guess)

shtarka1

Steve: Very well seen. Is that a lingerie place? :angel:

Just in the middle of an open market place.:)
My friend this is elegantly beautiful. Or should that be beautifully elegant. Oh! what the heck, it is both elegant and beautiful.

Super capture.:thumbs: :salute:
My wife did all the work! Thanks Rayyan!