The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

panda81

Very nice Mike! I can't describe it in words, but something about this image I really like! The flow from one person to another is fantastic.

My new Collection :D
Leica 18/3.8 @F8 on M9

Always beautiful work, Andree, even without your beautiful female friends ;) I really like how you had the sun coming through the chair.

In the spirit of Panda81's image ....

M8/21SA
Very nice, ShiroKuro! I really like how you make your black and white conversions. I love the high contrast look, and I like how you're not afraid to push your whites to nearly blowing out.

Lloyd

The last few days have been unseasonably hot around here, and yesterday was the worst so far, hitting 103F (~35C... I know, that's temperate by Rayyan's standards:D). About mid-afternoon, Mimi and I decided to try and get out of the heat a bit, so we packed some sandwiches and headed up the canyon. By the time we reached the trailhead at around 7500ft, it was down to 76F, and much more pleasant. We chose as a destination a lake about 3 miles away (with about 2000 feet of ascent), and headed up the trail.

Other than having to watch for the occasional mountain biker coming down, it was a pleasant, and pleasantly uneventful hike up.

It was sunny and beautiful at the lake, and now around 65F. We had a pleasant picnic, and enjoyed the quiet time together.

We started back to our car as the sun descended toward the western horizon. The half-light of the canyon was amazing.

Never one to stroll along, Mimi ran a lot of the way back. (Dragging me with her, of course.) Although she did stop on occasion to suggest I take pictures of this or that. Evidence of which will follow.

A great evening in the mountains. We're very fortunate to be so close.

All with the M8, 35 Cron ASPH combo, ISO 320.

Last edited:

otumay

Lloyd, thank you for taking us along with those beautiful shots. Please thank Mimi for urging you to take them!

Lloyd

An unexpected bonus of the trip up the canyon was the wildflowers. A few samples:

M8, VC 75/2.5 Color Heliar, ISO 320, -2EV

M8, 90 Cron Pre-ASPH, ISO 320,

Camera: Leica Camera AG M9 Digital Camera
Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 28 mm Summicron-M ASPH
ISO Speed: 160
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

Kaprun-Austria

Vlad

A few in-camera JPGs, 4.5MP, medium-high contrast. I really like the files I get, not necessary to do lengthy conversions, especially if I just share them online.

panda81

An unexpected bonus of the trip up the canyon was the wildflowers. A few samples:

M8, VC 75/2.5 Color Heliar, ISO 320, -2EV
Beautiful photos from the hike, Lloyd! They're all great, but this one in particular just POPS out to me! Wonderful!!

Mike Woods

Like these 2 a lot Mike!
Thanks Steve!

And love this, another cracking image:
In the spirit of Panda81's image ....

M8/21SA
Very nice Mike! I can't describe it in words, but something about this image I really like! The flow from one person to another is fantastic.
Thanks Jerry - appreciate your comments. One of those that means more on reflection than it did when I made it. Oh well :)

Jono - love the Zebra girl :)
Filter received in case you didn't get my message (and donation made!!!!) - many thanks.

I've missed loads of acknowledgements - sorry - just too much good stuff here. Maybe we should start another thread for the crap stuff, and I can post til my heart's content :ROTFL:

Regards

Mike

m_driscoll

Late and absent again. Great stuff posted here!
ShiroKuro: Great expression, texture, pp, and framing in that first B&W on the beach! The second shot with the tubes is also excellent.
Vlad: Nice use of the Noct and the 24 Lux at the family reunion. The second and fourth are my favs. Also like the color shot. Nice second set too! The color in those last two works well.
C_R: Both those photos are very cool. The kids eating the ice cream's a classic! Nicely done.
Lloyd: Great daisy photo. The angle of the flowers really seems to make the OOF flow from lower left to upper right. Dynamic.
Jerry: Those two B&W's from the restaurant are great! I have a similar sharpness obsession. I'm going to look at Lenswork. Some other posters here (i.e. Steve and Ashwin, come to mind immediately) seem to be able to create images without excessive sharpness and pixel-peeping. I need a 12-step program.
Ashwin/Steve: Thank you, sirs. BTW, i just used your names (not in vain), above.
Steve: Beautiful photos with the 90 Cron. The color in the first is striking. The second photo makes you wonder a bit. Nice OOf there.
Rayyan: Thank you, my friend. No. We're still waiting for him from last year! Obviously kidding! None of us here have probably had a recent Christmas (or comparable holiday) without Santa (or comparable fat man bringing gifts).
Woody: The bus terminal photo's wonderful. Great composition. I like the arrangement of the people at the base and the sign/expanse of glass. The stairs/sculpture photo's nicely framed. Really like the third photo for the people, also.
Osman: Nice compositions and pp. You can see exactly what you described in your photos. The second's a great capture of an indignant expression.
Lloyd: I didn't get it! And, thank you.
Mike: Nice street captures and a stunning sunset landscape.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com