The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

One for Steve. Taken at the Sequim Lavender Festival last weekend. I counted five cameras (six, including hers). It's so "he doesn't have to change lenses". I didn't even look to see if they were Canon or Nikon. I think he was an official photographer. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

More from the Sequim Lavender Festival. Sequim, on the Olympic Peninsula, is a ferry ride and a couple of hours away from Seattle. These were taken at the Purple Haze Lavender Farm (the owners are big Jimi Hendrix fans). There was a street fair in town and shuttle buses to six different farms. Music, food, beverages, smiling people everywhere. Very civilized. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/11; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

shtarka1

One for Steve. Taken at the Sequim Lavender Festival last weekend. I counted five cameras (six, including hers). It's so "he doesn't have to change lenses". I didn't even look to see if they were Canon or Nikon. I think he was an official photographer. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

Matt...I wouldn't mess with him! He looks proud,serious & determined in a General Patton kind of way! Hey...Thats All Of Us In A Few Years!:D! Love This! Thanks.

shtarka1

More from the Sequim Lavender Festival. Sequim, on the Olympic Peninsula, is a ferry ride and a couple of hours away from Seattle. These were taken at the Purple Haze Lavender Farm (the owners are big Jimi Hendrix fans). There was a street fair in town and shuttle buses to six different farms. Music, food, beverages, smiling people everywhere. Very civilized. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/11; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

Matt, every time i purchase a new lens (90 cron asph)i say this is it! I really dont have a wide Leica lens & you & Ash are making life difficult for me! The color,IQ & signature of this lens along with your compositions are Spectacular! Keep reaffirming me please! The 0.95 is now # 2 on my Bucket List! Great Set!:)

Arjuna

I went for a hike/scramble on Sunday too, although not to escape the heat like Lloyd and Mimi: a nice path through the poplars, where there was an abundance of Western Wood Lilies, and lots of geraniums too - mostly white, although some purple like Lloyd's, and some bits of weather (showers, snow pellets, thunder) passing through from time to time, which made for some nice light when I was up higher.

These are all M8, 35 mm Summarit. I am still struggling with my processing: most of these are RPP+PS5 - I find that mostly RPP is vastly superior to ACR5, but it tends to require more PS work, after the raw conversion, naturally enough. The ridge shot is all Adobe though, as I couldn't get close with the RPP version. Colour balance is my main problem - I may have to start using my WhiBal card more, particularly for flower shots, until I get better at it.

panda81

Matt, every time i purchase a new lens (90 cron asph)i say this is it! I really dont have a wide Leica lens & you & Ash are making life difficult for me! The color,IQ & signature of this lens along with your compositions are Spectacular! Keep reaffirming me please! The 0.95 is now # 2 on my Bucket List! Great Set!:)
Exactly what Steve said - beautiful photos, Matt! The 24 Lux seems so unique, intriguing, and beautiful, but the price...:( You're not helping! ;)

Lloyd

That is a stunning set, Matt. +1 from me... the pix and the Bucket List.:thumbs:

Lloyd

I went for a hike/scramble on Sunday too, although not to escape the heat like Lloyd and Mimi: a nice path through the poplars, where there was an abundance of Western Wood Lilies, and lots of geraniums too - mostly white, although some purple like Lloyd's, and some bits of weather (showers, snow pellets, thunder) passing through from time to time, which made for some nice light when I was up higher.

These are all M8, 35 mm Summarit. I am still struggling with my processing: most of these are RPP+PS5 - I find that mostly RPP is vastly superior to ACR5, but it tends to require more PS work, after the raw conversion, naturally enough. The ridge shot is all Adobe though, as I couldn't get close with the RPP version. Colour balance is my main problem - I may have to start using my WhiBal card more, particularly for flower shots, until I get better at it.
Gorgeous set!! I especially love that last one. Thanks for sharing. :salute:

Great shots my friend
I like the last one the most
well done

otumay

Not minding the intermittent rain, we started our downward hike towards the Ilıca Waterfalls, our second stop in the Küre Mountains National Park; accompanied only by the sound of rain falling on the grass, and the delicious smell of wet earth and foliage. This was an occasion where the going itself was all that mattered.

On the way, we encountered mighty trees that could crack the hardest of rocks...

Then the sky darkened and the rain intensified. The best way to find our bearing was to keep listening to the sound of the waterfalls. Then, suddenly, around a bend, we were awed by the subtle majesty of nature. Everything, sounds, smells, colors subsided and we were once more proud to be so insignificant on this wonderful planet:

shtarka1

Beautiful Work!

ashwinrao1

Wow, outstanding images from Matt and Osman on this page. Matt, what outstanding use of the 24 lux! Osman, lovely processing and wonderful captures! Love the waterfall shot!

Arjuna, love the landscape image and DOF!

Sorry, all of the recent absense and lack of posts. I just got a promotion at work that's kept me quite busy, and another distraction, as some of you know, who has also kept me more occupied.

ashwinrao1

The last few days have been unseasonably hot around here, and yesterday was the worst so far, hitting 103F (~35C... I know, that's temperate by Rayyan's standards:D). About mid-afternoon, Mimi and I decided to try and get out of the heat a bit, so we packed some sandwiches and headed up the canyon. By the time we reached the trailhead at around 7500ft, it was down to 76F, and much more pleasant. We chose as a destination a lake about 3 miles away (with about 2000 feet of ascent), and headed up the trail.

Other than having to watch for the occasional mountain biker coming down, it was a pleasant, and pleasantly uneventful hike up.

It was sunny and beautiful at the lake, and now around 65F. We had a pleasant picnic, and enjoyed the quiet time together.

We started back to our car as the sun descended toward the western horizon. The half-light of the canyon was amazing.

Never one to stroll along, Mimi ran a lot of the way back. (Dragging me with her, of course.) Although she did stop on occasion to suggest I take pictures of this or that. Evidence of which will follow.

A great evening in the mountains. We're very fortunate to be so close.

All with the M8, 35 Cron ASPH combo, ISO 320.
Lloyd, I can just smell the fresh air and the wilderness. Great series. Images that make me want to hop over to my own set of mountains!

m_driscoll

Matt...I wouldn't mess with him! He looks proud,serious & determined in a General Patton kind of way! Hey...Thats All Of Us In A Few Years!:D! Love This! Thanks.
Steve: Thanks. :D I was reminded of that photo of you with two Leicas around your neck and one at your feet. I wonder if his cameras are all digital?

Steve: Thank you, sir! :D Might not have been the best lens for this setting, but the others were back in the car. Our friend above doesn't have that problem. It's hard to focus on a lavender bud at f/1.4. #'s 3 and 4 are cropped way down. Below 50mm, i think, IMHO, that it's the best Leica lens to have (along with a 35mm f/1.4, of course). The 90 cron's an incredible lens. I regret selling mine (to buy the 24mm Lux); but, I'm liking the 90mm f/2.8. The 90 Cron ASPH is on my "bucket list" with a more distant 0.95.

Exactly what Steve said - beautiful photos, Matt! The 24 Lux seems so unique, intriguing, and beautiful, but the price...:( You're not helping! ;)
That is a stunning set, Matt. +1 from me... the pix and the Bucket List.:thumbs:
Panda81/Lloyd: Gentlemen, Thank you.:D Too many lenses, not enough money. Now, if I didn't have the Nikons to feed...

Cheers, Matt