The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

jonoslack

Matt:clap::clap:
Carsten, the pigeon is fab
all others great too ..... you must excuse terse responses, I have a typing problem due to nerve and wrist ....I can still focus though!

Emma

M9 50 'lux

Isabel

M9 50 'lux

Fat bottom folk run for cover

M9 WATE

ShiroKuro

Thanks everyone for the kind words .... here are a few from yestrday...
Excellent new round of images from everyone here .....

M8 / 21 SA

m_driscoll

Interesting shot. Looks like the parting of the ways.
Woody: +1, nice moment captured. Like the tone. :thumbup:

Haven't been here for awhile and need to go back and view several pages of work so while I do that here's a test I just finished...

Thought I'd do some testing of processing of a couple images to see how they'd turn out. I'm returning to the same area next week and this time I plan to shoot with an eye towards submitting to Arizona Highways magazine. This is close to the same area I shot the old bard and shed and feel it deserves to be shot in black and white. While I know I could switch the M9 to shoot monochrome it would nevertheless be in a Jpeg format and that's something I just can't see myself doing. The two test images were opened first in C1 Pro converted to B&W using a yellow filter then moved over to CS5 where I tweaked the sky in Raw before opening then using some final touches using Viveza 2. I thought I post these for comments.

These were both shot using a M9 and Summicron 50mm
Don
Don: Beautiful images! :salute: I'm curious. what "touches" did you do in Viveza 2? Which, BTW, is a great program, but, I've never used it on B&W's. Looks like you're experimenting with the tone, also?

Astoria, Oregon
M8, Silver Efex Pro
Randy: Great landscape! I've driven through there, but never saw it from this viewpoint. :clap:

Had some time off work today so I hit the streets....M8 / Nokton 50mm f1.5.
Still can't believe she never looked in my direction for the first :cry:

Have a good weekend everyone.
Mike
Mike: Nice captures! Great pp! Maybe she's looking at you through that beautiful hair? You have a nice weekend, too. :salute:

m_driscoll

These are amazing Matt. Among your best.:thumbup:
Totally Agree!:thumbs:
Matt and Carsten: Stunning images, thank you!
Lloyd/Steve/Osman/Jono: Thank you! (insert 4 big smiles here) I wonder how far she got on her Botticelli?

all others great too ..... you must excuse terse responses, I have a typing problem due to nerve and wrist ....I can still focus though!
Emma
M9 50 'lux
Isabel

M9 50 'lux
Jono: Focusing can be important. Beautiful images! Nice portrait of Emma; and, "Fat Bottom" doesn't sound like where to want to be in a rain storm. I like the tall narrow crop on Isabel. I didn't notice it a first, but, it really suits her pose. Great color! BRTW, what is she doing? You were really at the Quidditch World Cup, weren't you? :thumbup: And, thanks, again.

m8, cv 35mm
:salute: to all, was away for some time, trying to return.
Endre: Welcome back. Interesting taillight detail.The diagonal and the DOF makes the car dissolve. Well done. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the kind words .... here are a few from yestrday...
Excellent new round of images from everyone here .....
M8 / 21 SA
Shiro: Well done. The B&W's, you've been posting are stunning, as are these. The 1st and 2nd are my favorites here.

m_driscoll

Boticelli's "The Birth of Venus". She probably won't chalk the whole figure on Westlake Park's paving? I told the artist that the smile she drew was better then Botticelli's: more sensual. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 80

2. M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; ISO 80

http://mdriscopll.zenfolio.com

Mike Woods

Awesome set & PP!
Steve, thank you so much for your comments.

These really are terrific, Mike. I especially like this first one (even though she never looked your way). I must say, I do admire your b/w processing. Great stuff.
Lloyd, thank you very much - I have to thank LR3 for the conversions :)

Matt, I love the chess game - great use of selective focus.

And something about this....disturbing in a way, but mesmerising at the same time....
http://farm5.static.flickr.com
[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4822919189_5e55d9d808_b.jpg
M8 / 21 SA
Ok, a few more from today. Inspiration is from Matt Stuart and Nick Turpin, if you know their work - street photography with humour, you could say.

I am so loving this experience since I got the M8 I can't begin to tell you. I'm the first to accept I'm not very good (reluctant to get too close, etc etc), but happy to be out there and learning.

All with Nokton 50mm f 1.5, this time in colour:

I hope at least one makes you smile - thanks for looking.

Regards

Mike

A pair from my trip to Cuba, not everything went the way I want but thats okay with me as long as I can get some pictures off the street and thanks to all contribute r off this threat for all these beautyfull pictures..

Tommy

Last edited:

panda81

brought my m9 with me to work this morning. took some photos at work - i guess being at work brings out the weirdness in me...

Lloyd

Steve, thank you so much for your comments.

Lloyd, thank you very much - I have to thank LR3 for the conversions :)

Matt, I love the chess game - great use of selective focus.

And something about this....disturbing in a way, but mesmerising at the same time....

Ok, a few more from today. Inspiration is from Matt Stuart and Nick Turpin, if you know their work - street photography with humour, you could say.

I am so loving this experience since I got the M8 I can't begin to tell you. I'm the first to accept I'm not very good (reluctant to get too close, etc etc), but happy to be out there and learning.

All with Nokton 50mm f 1.5, this time in colour:

I hope at least one makes you smile - thanks for looking.

Regards

Mike
Some very nice shots here Mike. I particularly like this one.

Lloyd

M9 WATE
Great shots, Jono. This one really made me laugh. :LOL: