The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Hadn't touched the camera in a few weeks. I've been busy with work, and it has been too hot to spend a lot of time outdoors.

My wife asked me to take some photos of the Haflinger she has been riding, so we visited the stable yesterday. These were shot with the 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
These are really terrific, David. Love the b/w processing, it's perfect.

Mike, I loved these shots, the last one especially.
Osman
Bit +1 from me too Mike. The whole set is great. :salute:

eleanorbrown

David, Love this set of horse images (used to have my own horse growing up and so I'm a horse fan). The B&W processing is stellar!! Eleanor

These are really terrific, David. Love the b/w processing, it's perfect.

Bit +1 from me too Mike. The whole set is great. :salute:

eleanorbrown

Been off the forum for a while so have to catch up on all the stuff I've missed (have family here in Colorado and we've stayed busy). Anyway got a chance to go with the family to the Fairplay, Colorado Burro Days...a large small town event than happens each July. Here are some images taken with my M9 and new 50 Lux asph lens. There was movement in what I was photographing but to my surprise, everything was in focus. Eleanor

m_driscoll

Hadn't touched the camera in a few weeks. I've been busy with work, and it has been too hot to spend a lot of time outdoors.
My wife asked me to take some photos of the Haflinger she has been riding, so we visited the stable yesterday. These were shot with the 24 lux.

Also shot with the 24 lux.
David: Nicely done! Are you having Vegas withdrawal? The Compositions, IQ, and processing are great. The flowers are very textural. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Been off the forum for a while so have to catch up on all the stuff I've missed (have family here in Colorado and we've stayed busy). Anyway got a chance to go with the family to the Fairplay, Colorado Burro Days...a large small town event than happens each July. Here are some images taken with my M9 and new 50 Lux asph lens. There was movement in what I was photographing but to my surprise, everything was in focus. Eleanor

Eleanor: Composition, IQ, pp, contrast, and tonality are excellent (bit redundant there)! Well selected set of photos. They give a nice sense of the festivities. I esp. like these three: the horse caught you, "Pilates is hardcore"?, and the look over the shoulder as she "cruises" along in her tractor. Cheers, Matt.

eleanorbrown

Thanks Matt. The Pilates image was shot from the hip so to speak and focus was a guess. I lucked out. Eleanor

Eleanor: Composition, IQ, pp, contrast, and tonality are excellent (bit redundant there)! Well selected set of photos. They give a nice sense of the festivities. I esp. like these three: the horse caught you, "Pilates is hardcore"?, and the look over the shoulder as she "cruises" along in her tractor. Cheers, Matt.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Matt, Lloyd and Eleanor: Thanks! Glad you like it. But no HDR here. A whole bunch of individual layers with luminosity-based selections tweaked and twisted. I've never been able to make HDR work right.

This is another from this evening. ISO 1250 DNG and Jpeg setting. A bit noisy but interesting since the bow appeared without any rain.

mjm6

Matt and Lloyd, thanks for the compliments...

Here's two more from Mesa Verde. I'm still learning how to use the camera well, but once I get it into PS, I am comfortable to work the image as I have done for the last few years. I'm looking forward to making some platinum and gum-overs of some of these images.

shtarka1

I cooked this one a bit.

Matt, Lloyd and Eleanor: Thanks! Glad you like it. But no HDR here. A whole bunch of individual layers with luminosity-based selections tweaked and twisted. I've never been able to make HDR work right.

This is another from this evening. ISO 1250 DNG and Jpeg setting. A bit noisy but interesting since the bow appeared without any rain.

2 Winners Tim!