The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

After leaving the Küre Mountains National Park, we traversed these mountains to reach the Black Sea again. On our way we passed Küre, a town that existed precariously just beneath the copper concentration plant that shared the same name; its inhabitants facing higher risk of cancer due to this behemoth up above:

The copper ore reached the plant via a cable-car system that ruled the forest-covered mountain peaks:

The view was stark and overwhelming:

All that mattered seemed to be the copper ore, nothing else:

Just before we were relieved by the now-familiar serenity of the Black Sea, we had a glimpse of a late afternoon mist that made all meanings ambiguous:

(Photographed from a moving bus with an M8 and 50 'cron)

Osman, these are pure magic. I love the series and how well the images fit together!

Lloyd

From this weekend. Driving along the highway in Waimanalo on the Windward side of Oahu.

Waimanalo Beach

50lux
Thanks for looking.
YamasDigital
Very nice. I especially like that second one.:thumbup:

Matt, Lloyd and Eleanor: Thanks! Glad you like it. But no HDR here. A whole bunch of individual layers with luminosity-based selections tweaked and twisted. I've never been able to make HDR work right.

This is another from this evening. ISO 1250 DNG and Jpeg setting. A bit noisy but interesting since the bow appeared without any rain.
Beautifully captured Tim. Thanks for sharing.

Sunday's post. M9 + 50mm lux asph.
Good stuff, as always, Woody.

m_driscoll

Makes me want to wish to be Big. :D (Oh, and nicely seen and captured)
Lloyd: Thanks, buddy. :D I didn't understand what you said, so i didn't respond very soon. :confused: Now, with Steve's post, I get it!

Matt, Lloyd and Eleanor: Thanks! Glad you like it. But no HDR here. A whole bunch of individual layers with luminosity-based selections tweaked and twisted. I've never been able to make HDR work right.
This is another from this evening. ISO 1250 DNG and Jpeg setting. A bit noisy but interesting since the bow appeared without any rain.
Tim: Beautiful image. "HDR" has become sort of a pejorative, hasn't it? It's was still good cookin' :thumbup:

Matt and Lloyd, thanks for the compliments...
Here's two more from Mesa Verde. I'm still learning how to use the camera well, but once I get it into PS, I am comfortable to work the image as I have done for the last few years. I'm looking forward to making some platinum and gum-overs of some of these images.
mjm6: Also very nice. The second photo looks like a play model with the rock crack above altering the scale. Beautiful pp. They should make incredible prints. :salute:

As Lloyd referenced....The first shot reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "Big" with Tom Hanks! Cool Magical Shots Matt!
Steve: Whew! I did't get Lloyd's "Big" comment. Thank you, sir.

Sunday's post. M9 + 50mm lux asph.
Woody: Nice image. Understated pp and great motion blurr. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Those are gorgeous Michael. :salute:
+ 1 For Sure!!!
Michael: +1 again. Easier to see.

DavidE, Steve, Lloyd and Matt - many thanks for taking the time to comment...
Yep, definitely a Tom Hanks moment - love it.
Mike
:
Mike: I don't remember that movie. Now, after three mentions, I'm going to have to find it.

From this weekend. Driving along the highway in Waimanalo on the Windward side of Oahu.
Waimanalo Beach

50lux
Thanks for looking.
YamasDigital
YamasDigital: Beautiful captures. Nice "drive". :thumbup:

Matt, that's a terrific shot (and with my favorite lens). Maybe we should get her together with this guy.
David: Thank you, sir. :D Merlin would be perfect for her.

Wow, this one really is amazing for what you bring to the image. Love the image clarity, composition, colors, and mystery....
Ashwin: Thank you for the very gracious comment. :thumbup:

Matt I am particularly drawn to the reds in this image but my eye also goes to the left side of the frame and the layered reflections. nicely seen. Eleanor
Eleanor: Thanks. I'm drawn to those reflections, also. :D

Cheers, Matt

thrice

Some more C-Sonnar love.

And a misfocused 90 Elmarit-M image shot from the hip, this guy was taking pictures of girls going into/out of a clothing store on his mobile phone for a good 10 minutes. My friend (the one in the first shot) went and told one of the sales assistants. There's a difference between shooting candid street shots and being a bit of a creep.

Lloyd

Some more C-Sonnar love.

And a misfocused 90 Elmarit-M image shot from the hip, this guy was taking pictures of girls going into/out of a clothing store on his mobile phone for a good 10 minutes. My friend (the one in the first shot) went and told one of the sales assistants. There's a difference between shooting candid street shots and being a bit of a creep.
Love the look from that Sonnar, Daniel. And I'm with you, that is creepy of that guy.

Biogon 35/2 @F2

:)
That's a beauty. :thumbup:

ashwinrao1

Some more C-Sonnar love.

Wow, Daniel, this one is amazing, a very convincing image for those considering the Sonar. What A lens.

I, for one, have realized what a bargain that Zeiss glass can be, and you are showing it here. I once owned the lovely 25 f/2.8, and now have the 35 f/2.8, which is a CRACKING lens. Never tried the Sonnar, but your shot gives me pause. Lovely capture!

m_driscoll

Some more C-Sonnar love.

Daniel: Nice portrait. Intense look, but, not a "hard" image with the DOF gradation. BTW: stupid, and, a not very ambitious perve. :thumbup: Cheers, Matt.