The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

etrigan63

I live in Miami, FL and that was the scene this morning at my kids' swimming lessons. It was a make-up class at 9 AM on a Wednesday. I work from home on those days so it was my turn to take them to class. It was already 89F at 9 AM BTW.

m_driscoll

I live in Miami, FL and that was the scene this morning at my kids' swimming lessons. It was a make-up class at 9 AM on a Wednesday. I work from home on those days so it was my turn to take them to class. It was already 89F at 9 AM BTW.
Carlos: That's what I thought. Although it could be a typical all day scene on the Gulf Coast. Thanks.

otumay

Recent excessive heat and moisture in İstanbul reduced the output inevitably. But again, sweating under the a/c unit brings back fond memories of İnebolu, visited last June. İnebolu has a wealth of traditional wooden houses, characteristic of the region.
M8 with the favorite 28 'cron.

Newest fashion this year:

Lloyd

Ashwin: As always, wonderful images. My favs are the first shot on the ferry (simply stunning) and the soldiers with the state's flags. Amazing processing on both (actually, all around).

Osman: Great shots. Those wooden houses are very interesting designs. Do you have any idea how old they might be? I love the look of that second shot especially. Just perfect.

ashwinrao1

Thanks so much, Lloyd and David! your encouragement is part of what keeps me so motivated...

Osman, I love the tones of the second shot. Outstanding subtle greens in that image!

otumay

David, Lloyd and Ashwin: Thank you so much.
Lloyd, those houses should be at least eighty or ninety years old, because they were there during our Independence War, 1919-1922. no new wooden houses are being built and only about 350 remain.

Lloyd

Mimi asked me to take a family portrait for a friend at her office. I agreed, so long as she agreed to help me scout locations. Last evening, after a 10-hour work day (and an hour working out prior to that), she posed in the park we chose.

(Btw, she loves that goofy yellow watch. I have no idea why.)

M8, 75/2.5 Color Heliar @ 2.8, ISO 320

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Mimi asked me to take a family portrait for a friend at her office. I agreed, so long as she agreed to help me scout locations. Last evening, after a 10-hour work day (and an hour working out prior to that), she posed in the park we chose.

(Btw, she loves that goofy yellow watch. I have no idea why.)

M8, 75/2.5 Color Heliar @ 2.8, ISO 320
Lloyd, you are a lucky man...goofy yellow watch or not. 'Nuff said!:toocool:

Lloyd

Lloyd, you are a lucky man...goofy yellow watch or not. 'Nuff said!:toocool:
Thank you Ashwin. And yes, you're right, I am very lucky... more than you know. And not one day in all the years we've been together has passed without my reflecting on that fact. I'm like the goofy watch... I still don't have any idea why she chose me, but I'm forever grateful.

Awesome moment, Lloyd. I have a couple of Rainbow shots that need posting. You may have inspired me...great stuff!
Thanks again. Looking forward to those.

etrigan63

I am hoping CV will announce an M-mount version of the 75mm Heliar. That lens is a gem! Just can stand using adapters for it.