The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Mike Woods

Busy week with visitors...a few from the ferry to the San Juans

All taken with the M9 and MATE (v1)
Ashwin, amazing exposure control on these.

Otumay, the detail on this is amazing, even at web size.

On the way home last night.

M8, 50 Cron @ f8, ISO 320

Beautiful light and lovely image :clap:

Great images everyone - always a pleasure to visit.

A recent one from me at the cemetary, M8 and 500mm Nokton f1.5 wide open I think:

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

Beautiful light and lovely image :clap:

Great images everyone - always a pleasure to visit.

A recent one from me at the cemetary, M8 and 500mm Nokton f1.5 wide open I think:

Regards

Mike
Thank you Mike. This one is really nice. (I need to find a copy of that "500mm" Nokton for myself!:D)

m_driscoll

Busy week with visitors...a few from the ferry to the San Juans

All taken with the M9 and MATE (v1)
And 2 from the recently collapsed ice caves

Taken with the M9 and Zeiss 35 mm f/2.8 biogon-c
Ashwin: That ferry looks pretty empty. Mid-week? All three are great, but this one really captures the slight sterility, cleanliness, polished, light on the water sense of the WA State Ferries. Giant buses in a wonderful setting.

The Ice Caves collapse was a real tragedy (for those who don't know about it that cave collapsed and buried a little girl; rescue took too long). On that happy note, the last photo's great. Beautiful composition and pp. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Recent excessive heat and moisture in İstanbul reduced the output inevitably. But again, sweating under the a/c unit brings back fond memories of İnebolu, visited last June. İnebolu has a wealth of traditional wooden houses, characteristic of the region.
M8 with the favorite 28 'cron.

Newest fashion this year:
Osman: Sorry about the heat. It's 65 F and raining here. Great photos. Your images of the old wooden houses are always interesting. Are they "protected" at all. Good eye with the last photo. Nice lines and composition.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Mimi asked me to take a family portrait for a friend at her office. I agreed, so long as she agreed to help me scout locations. Last evening, after a 10-hour work day (and an hour working out prior to that), she posed in the park we chose.
(Btw, she loves that goofy yellow watch. I have no idea why.)
M8, 75/2.5 Color Heliar @ 2.8, ISO 320
On the way home last night.
M8, 50 Cron @ f8, ISO 320
Lloyd: Beautiful portrait and great catch of the rainbow and the flag. Excellent color. Mimi always has a perfect smile (not faux-perfect, just perfect). Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

sjg284

Been a busy.. month. Not to much up this weekend, took it easy and off on a short trip across the Hudson.

Always struck by the classic lines of the building outside my window.
Taken while sipping my morning (relatively speaking 11:30am is still morning) coffee

Was one of those perfect summer August days.. can really feel the season starting to wind down. Don't normally take a lot of these, but the sky really caught my eye today.

Had a walk along the Hudson on the NJ side .. a bit of a change of pace.
Seems to be a colony of strays below a nail salon in the back of a shopping center.
They seemed to be cared for.. toys, water, food. Wife would have preferred we take them all home !

I will hopefully have something interesting to show in a few weeks. I have a short trip to Mumbai coming up.

m_driscoll

Been a busy.. month. Not to much up this weekend, took it easy and off on a short trip across the Hudson.
Always struck by the classic lines of the building outside my window.
Taken while sipping my morning (relatively speaking 11:30am is still morning) coffee

Was one of those perfect summer August days.. can really feel the season starting to wind down. Don't normally take a lot of these, but the sky really caught my eye today.
Had a walk along the Hudson on the NJ side .. a bit of a change of pace.
Seems to be a colony of strays below a nail salon in the back of a shopping center.
They seemed to be cared for.. toys, water, food. Wife would have preferred we take them all home !

I will hopefully have something interesting to show in a few weeks. I have a short trip to Mumbai coming up.
Steve: Nice photos. The building bay is very elegant. Didn't see the cats at first. Good eye. Stay safe in Mumbai. Cheers, Matt

otumay

Thank you so much, Matt. I love wooden houses, especially when they are very old. Inebolu has got only 350 of them left with their particular architecture and they are not very efficiently protected if you ask me.

sjg284

Matt- Thanks. I took some shots on my walk of flowers that did not come out nearly as good as yours. That Noctilux is smooth. Nice color and composition.