The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Mike Woods

Mike: Nicely seen and captured. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt - appreciated.

Mike,

These are great shots. Would you be willing to share with us what kind of post processing you did to achieve this look ?

Thanks.
Of course....both involved a single click in LR :ROTFL:

I'd like to say it was hours of pp in LR with round trips to CS5, etc, but the reality is I use presets in LR almost exclusively, with little other work apart from the odd crop and minor exposure adjustments.

This particular preset increases temp, fill light, blacks, recovery and clarity, whilst reducing brightness, contrast and of course saturation.

If you're using LR I'd be happy to email you the preset.

This is another with added vignette:

Regards

Mike

m_driscoll

Some from today's walk around Seattle's "International District" (the district formerly known as "Chinatown", S. of Jackson, and "J-Town", N. of Jackson). Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 35mm F/1.4; 1/750s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

2. M9; 35mm F/1.4; 1/350s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

3. M9; 35mm F/1.4; 1/180s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

4. M9; 35mm F/1.4; 1/3000s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

shtarka1

Gotta love that 35mm C-Biogon :)

Here wide open on M9 with SF24 fired from the side using off-camera cord:

Some from today's walk around Seattle's "International District" (the district formerly known as "Chinatown", S. of Jackson, and "J-Town", N. of Jackson). Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 35mm F/1.4; 1/750s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

3. M9; 35mm F/1.4; 1/180s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

4. M9; 35mm F/1.4; 1/3000s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

Phenomenal Work Thrice & Matt!!!

shtarka1

After seeing the Byzantine church, we visited the Sinop Museum. Some very interesting articles, spanning over two millennia were on display. Tripods or flash were not allowed, we had to trust our steady hands:(

M8 with 28 'cron.

Mask:

Gargoyles, used for discharging rainwater:

Vase:

Mosaic depicting a wild boar hunt:

Osman, Lighting,Mood,Subject Matter, History...Awesome Set!!!

PSon

Pham Minh Son - Beautiful. Crisp, lovely color, great composition. And OOF rendering is smooth and nondistracting.
What focal length were you using?
The first two images are from the 180mm lens wide open for bokeh (from the earlier post). Even the 75mm Summilux-M at F1.4 does not have this kind of butterly smooth bokeh despite the lens was much closer to the subject (see compared images attached below; 1st Leica Summilux 1.4/75 mounted on the Sony NEX-5 and the 2nd 180mm on the M9). The last image (previous post) was taken with the 250mm lens for resolution.

Thanks,
-Son

Gorgeous Color & Composition Son!
Thanks Steve
-Son

Last edited:

Lloyd

M8/50 Summilux pre asph
Great stuff Charles

A couple from today, M8/Nokton 50mm f1.5:

Regards

Mike
These, and the one of the woman with the camera phone, are excellent Mike.

Lunchtime for the urban wildlife. Cheers, Matt.

Nice catch Matt

A snapshot of another pastel evening here in town.
Gorgeous setting Tim.

I'm generally wary of putting photos of my family up but here's one I can get away with (and love the tonailty of.)

M8u + Nocti F1.0
The tonality is impressive. The subject more so.

Wow. Really stunning Billy

Here's one for fun, handheld 3D with the C-Biogon. Go cross-eyed to see it, sit further back if you get a headache :p

And a teacup also with the 35 C-Biogon

Separation from the background is one of the strengths of this lens, even though it isn't that fast, here again at f/2.8:
That 3D is very kewl Daniel. And I agree, that Biogon has a long list of strengths, and the separation is right near the top of the list.

After seeing the Byzantine church, we visited the Sinop Museum. Some very interesting articles, spanning over two millennia were on display. Tripods or flash were not allowed, we had to trust our steady hands:(

M8 with 28 'cron.

Mask:

Gargoyles, used for discharging rainwater:
Vase:
Mosaic depicting a wild boar hunt:
More amazement Osman. I'd love to see all of this in person. That shot of the mask is simply stunning!

experimenting with longer lenses on the M9
-Son
Wow. Son you really do push the envelop. Impressive results.

The land of the long white cloud.

(M9 with 35mm C-Biogon)
Ah, New Zealand. The Land of Ahs! As your image clearly demonstrates.

Monday's post. Sao Paulo. Leica M9 + 35mm pre-asph. chron v. IV.
The stitched image with the 24 is impressive, but this one really spoke to me for some reason. Thanks for sharing, Woody.

This is another with added vignette:

Regards

Mike
Nice processing. Love to try that Preset.

Gotta love that 35mm C-Biogon :)

Here wide open on M9 with SF24 fired from the side using off-camera cord:
Yes, indeed.

Lloyd

Phenomenal Work Matt!!!
+1. I especially like that third shot.

The first two images are from the 180mm lens wide open for bokeh (from the earlier post). Even the 75mm Summilux-M at F1.4 does not have this kind of butterly smooth bokeh despite the lens was much closer to the subject (see compared images attached below; 1st Leica Summilux 1.4/75 mounted on the Sony NEX-5 and the 2nd 180mm on the M9). The last image (previous post) was taken with the 250mm lens for resolution.

Thanks,
-Son
Like I said, very impressive.

Don, masterful shots of Florence, AZ.
+1 from here. (Yes, crowded place... lots of ghosts!)