The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

etrigan63

This weekend the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens held their annual Bon Festival. Based on the Japanese Obon Festival (which lasts three days), these festivals are the equivalent of the "Day of the Dead" festival in Mexico. Instead of dressing up like skeletons, people write the names of loved ones who have passed on along with any messages they want to send to them on paper lanterns that are then lit and floated down a river, stream, lake, pond, etc.

Here are a few shots, all handheld, all shot with my M8 + CV Nokton 35mm f/1.4 MC, all DNG processed in LR3.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Mat, Osman, and Steve, for your kind words. Always so fun to post here...and be inspired by so many wonderful captures!

sjg284

My weekend.. was more photographic than last.
Took portraits of our friends, ended up having a lot more fun than expected.

All shot 1 camera, 1 lens: M8 & VC Nokton 50/1.5

ShiroKuro

Thanks for the comments on my last set images ... Every time I come back to this thread I am amazed at the quality of the photographs that are continuously shown here .

ShiroKuro

Watching the ferry ship out, San Juan Islands, WA

On the ferry, scenes of activity and inactivity

On top of Mt. Constitution...phew, long bike ride up..but what a view
I really love these type images that you do ,the tones and texture are beautiful ... spent most of youth taking the ferry to get off the rock I lived on ... brings back memories

ShiroKuro

This weekend the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens held their annual Bon Festival. Based on the Japanese Obon Festival (which lasts three days), these festivals are the equivalent of the "Day of the Dead" festival in Mexico. Instead of dressing up like skeletons, people write the names of loved ones who have passed on along with any messages they want to send to them on paper lanterns that are then lit and floated down a river, stream, lake, pond, etc.

Here are a few shots, all handheld, all shot with my M8 + CV Nokton 35mm f/1.4 MC, all DNG processed in LR3.

Fantastic ..I miss japan !!!!

thrice

Thankyou Endre and Mike :) Some inclement weather headed my way, was planning on shooting the same location tomorrow morning but I'm not so sure, here is the beach this afternoon...

Same combo as before.

otumay

Thankyou Endre and Mike :) Some inclement weather headed my way, was planning on shooting the same location tomorrow morning but I'm not so sure, here is the beach this afternoon...

Same combo as before.
Beautiful as always, Daniel, perhaps a tad more so.