The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
By the way, amazing photos across the board everyone ... I know I'm being lazy in extending my general praise ...

Thanks, Ashwin. The 75lux is a beautiful lens ... perfectly unperfect ... especially when it sits next to the noct in the bag.

Here's another ...

panda81

Just sharing a couple of recent photos...my parents came to stay with us to visit their first grandson. I wish there were a paid profession as family photojournalist ;)

first two were taken by the 50 lux asph, latter two were taken by the 24 lux asph (i know, i'm bad i'm bad! :) )

ashwinrao1

Jerry, these are inspiring, enjoyable shots of the true joys of parenthood and grandparenthood. Lovely....you are naughty, getting that 24 lux!:LOL:

Congrats, seriously, and welcome to the "club"...I need to find my way back to a 50 lux asph some day, but the Noct will suffice plenty for now!

m_driscoll

Beautiful shot,composition & tone Kurt!
Kurt: +1 :thumbup: Where did you shoot this?

Just sharing a couple of recent photos...my parents came to stay with us to visit their first grandson. I wish there were a paid profession as family photojournalist ;)

first two were taken by the 50 lux asph, latter two were taken by the 24 lux asph (i know, i'm bad i'm bad! :) )
Jerry: Excellent use of a good camera and lenses. Probably the best use!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Love these Jerry. Every one of them. :salute:

shtarka1

Jerry, I Cant Just Pick One! All Are Special & Meaningful! Absolutely Beautiful Family! (BTW, You Now Have Me Thinking About Unloading My Nikon Noct To Fund The 24 Lux! You, Ash & Matt Are Very Bad Influences On Me!:D)

Lloyd

Stunning 3d quality Ash! Love this one!!!
Yup, me too! :thumbup:

Here's one from this morning in Tokyo. M9 with 50mm Elmar-M @ f2.8.

I enjoy this thread and am in awe of everyone's submissions. Keep it going!:thumbs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tokyoshooter/4912048565/
Nice catch! Let's see more. :salute:

On our second day in Sinop, we visited the infamous prison that was converted to a museum a decade ago. In spite of the sunny June morning, we couldn't help sharing the gloom that still haunted the place.
What did the inmates feel? A writing on a wall declared: "Neither my struggle ended nor my love". It was impossible to keep the tears back. After half an hour, we began to feel like intruders, paparazzi after sensational shots in a place of silent suffering. So we quietly stowed away our cameras and sat down in the courtyard surrounded by fences and guard towers, now empty. Does time really fly?
M8 with 21mm Elmarit and 28mm Summicron.

Amazing experience, incredible photos, Osman. With you words, this one is really haunting me.

Mohahmmed, this is outstanding. Love the colors and view of a place I have not yet been to!
+1 from me. Outstanding seem wholly appropriate.

Daniel, congrats on the new glass & great job employing it!:)
Fantastic really. Looking forward to more.

M9 and 50 mm f/2 "Rigid Summicron" from the 50's....what a lens!

And one more from the teeny-tiny red scale Leitz Screw Mount Elmar 50 mm f/3.5, also on M9 via adapter...
Wow, that rigid really rocks. Great shots from you no matter what the glass, Ash.

Haven't posted in a while. Here are a couple I shot while in DC on business.
Both with the M8 + SUMMICRON-M 35mm F2 ASPH
Fantastic shots Tony. Really love that b/w.

A few pics from this week-end. Baptism of my friends' daugter Clara:
Simply priceless Ashwin.

Lloyd

A few from yesterday. I was shooting the http://dailyshoot.com theme of the day. Took a few with the Fuji GW690III, but couldn't resist pulling out the M8, too. The first was my submission.

Zeiss Biogon 25mm, hopped-up a little in Viveza.
After shooting film for a while, I'm taken aback by the amount of detail in an M8 image. The M9 must be truly fabulous.

(On the other hand, this is the first time I've seen objectionable moire in an M8 image -- the section of red brick on the right side of the clock exhibits pretty bad labyrinthine moire when viewed full-size. Just looks "blocky" here.)

Zeiss Planar 50mm, conversion in Nik Silver Efex

Zeiss Planar 50mm, conversion in Nik Silver Efex
Stunning work Mike.

By the way, amazing photos across the board everyone ... I know I'm being lazy in extending my general praise ...

Thanks, Ashwin. The 75lux is a beautiful lens ... perfectly unperfect ... especially when it sits next to the noct in the bag.

Here's another ...

Great stuff, Kurt (as were the early 75 lux posts). You're clearly at home with the fast glass.

Serious IQ,Compositions (without cropping of course:D) & Sharpness! Magnificent, Matt!
+1 from me too, Matt. :salute:

Lloyd

Took delivery of a used CV 75mm f2.5 last week, and went out to play at the weekend:

Regards

Mike
LOL. What a great moment you captured. Love the processing as well. :thumbup:

I have, and love, that lens. Much under appreciated, in my estimation.

Mike Woods

LOL. What a great moment you captured. Love the processing as well. :thumbup:

I have, and love, that lens. Much under appreciated, in my estimation.
Thanks Lloyd. I need to get a UV/IR filter for this lens, but read somewhere to watch out for an issue with thread pitch. Do you know if its a standard 43mm filter?

Regards

Mike